Author Topic: Release Type, Samplerate & Bitrate scripting  (Read 1828 times)

PROblem

Hi again!

I just comeback to musicbee after try beets... not exactly what im looking for.
I really like this software, but I need some help with scripting.
2 questions about it.

1- Ive already got this
$Group($Sort(<Album Artist>),1)\<Album Artist>\<Group>\ (<Year>) <Álbum> [<.Ext>]\<Disc-Number> <Títle>

GROUP is for tag: Release Type, Ive doing this classification manually, any chances to use the autotag for get this info? Ive read this but I dont get how to make it work.

2- [<.Ext> - <Bit Depth> - <Sample Rate>]
Another problem that Ive got is when albums are splitting because different samplerate or bitdepth. How can I gen the upper bitrate to renaming the folder?

Hope u understand my english  ;D
Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 05:06:54 PM by PROblem

The Incredible Boom Boom

PROblem

What exactly is the result you're trying to accomplish?

Something Like:

\Music\N\Netsky\Albúm\(2016) 3 [flac - 16bits - 44khz]\01 Thunder.flac

Ive got 2 problems.
- Release Type: single, album or whatever. Autotagging dont get that info
- bitrate and sample rate are not the same on all album files, so I want to set that to high value

The Incredible Boom Boom

Something Like:

You're trying to rename all your music files using the File Organizer then?

Code
\Music\$Group(<Album Artist>,1)\<Album Artist>\<CUSTOM TAG HERE>\(<Year>) <Album> [<.Ext>$IsNull(<Bit Depth>,,"- <Bit Depth>") - <Sample Rate>]\$IsNull(<Disc#>,,<Disc#>" ")<Title>

Ive got 2 problems.
- bitrate and sample rate are not the same on all album files, so I want to set that to high value

1) You'll either have to input the "release type" manually, or use MusicBrainz Picard to tag it and then set up a Custom Tag in MusicBee to access it.
2) Not possible. Bit depth and sample rate should be consistent across the album. Do you mean the bitrates are different? If so, you don't have to worry about that, as your requested script layout doesn't include them.
Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 05:32:58 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

PROblem

Something Like:

You're trying to rename all your music files using the File Organizer then?

Code
\Music\$Group(<Album Artist>,1)\<Album Artist>\<CUSTOM TAG HERE>\(<Year>) <Album> [<.Ext>$IsNull(<Bit Depth>,,"- <Bit Depth>") - <Sample Rate>]\$IsNull(<Disc#>,,<Disc#>" ")<Title>

Ive got 2 problems.

1) You'll either have to input the "release type" manually, or use MusicBrainz Picard to tag it and then set up a Custom Tag in MusicBee to access it.
2) Not possible. Bit depth and sample rate should be consistent across the album. Do you mean the bitrates are different? If so, you don't have to worry about that, as your requested script layout doesn't include them.

Hi again folks. Ive been using some of ur tips, but now, Im gonna rename my collection to fit on my plex media server.
Ive got some questions about scripting, and maybe u could help me with that.

Album Example:Collision Course

This album got a pair of artist, so i want to make a script to pick only the first one, so it will finish in something like this.

Music/L/Linkin Park/Albúm/(2004) Collision Course [FLAC]/01 Dirt Off Your Shoulder / Lying From You [16bit 48kHz]

What shoul I add to this code that u created some weeks ago to....

1. Get only the first artist of the album
2. When the album is only 1disc, dont put 1-01, only 01.

3. Is possible to create a replace script on the <.Ext> info to write MQA when get that info from the encoder tag?

Code
\Music\$Group(<Album Artist>,1)\<Album Artist>\<CUSTOM TAG HERE>\(<Year>) <Album> [<.Ext>]\$IsNull(<Disc#>,,<Disc#>" ")[<Title>$IsNull(<Bit Depth>,,"- <Bit Depth>") - <Sample Rate>]
Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 08:09:51 AM by PROblem

The Incredible Boom Boom

The solutions to your questions can be resolved by studying the Functions page.

PROblem

Hi again folks.

Thats what Ive achieved to code on musicbee. Im so close to my goal, but I didnt found more information about coding on the wiki (Its a little bit hard the coding thing) Ive found how to pick the first artist only, but Im stuck with the enconder thing...

Code
$Group($Sort(<Artista del Álbum>),1)\$Sort($First(<Artista del Álbum>))\<Release Type>\(<Año>) <Álbum> [<.Ext>]\<Disco-Tema> <Título>[<Tasa de bits>-<Frecuencia de muestreo>]

I would like to sustitute the <.Ext> tag for "encoder" tag that give some info depends what it founds on the enconder section, so...

Code
$If($Contains(<encoder>,MQA)=MQA

And another question is:

When MQA doesnt appear on the enconder, its possible to get the extension instead of the enconder?
I thought is something like...

Code
$If($And(Criteria 1,Criteria 2),True Result,False Result)

But The functions wiki article is not full of examples to check
Another alternative is to replace script on the <.Ext> info to write MQA when get that info from the encoder tag...

Thanks
Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 08:12:55 AM by PROblem

hiccup

And another question is:
When MQA doesnt appear on the enconder, its possible to get the extension instead of the enconder?
Code
$If($Contains(<Encoder>,mqa)="T",<encoder>,<.ext>)