Author Topic: automatic Volume Analysis?  (Read 4940 times)

mokidugway

sorry if I've missed this option somewhere, but is there a way to automatically have the ReplayGain analysed?  If not, I think it would be a good feature since I'm constantly hitting Volume Analysis for new tracks in my Inbox before moving 'em to the library.

Plein

I was wondering the same thing. This would be super handy.

Sorry again for dragging out an old thread. Just seemed like a waste to make threads while there's already one on the subject.

hiccup

At what exact moment would you then expect the analysis to be done?
Surely not when you hit 'Play', because that would delay playback because a track with missing loudness tags would have to be analyzed first before it would play.
Also you probably don't want to have MusicBee (or any other software) continuously scanning your whole computer for tracks with missing loudness tags.
So, while I can understand the wish for something 'automagical' like that, how could this be implemented in reality without the use of quantum computing?

phred

• Global Moderator
You can have MB automatically analyze the volume after ripping a CD.  You can it on/off via the CD Rip Settings window.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Tags (2) includes a setting to calculate missing replay gains tags when adding tracks to the library.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Plein

At what exact moment would you then expect the analysis to be done?
Upon being added to the library. Currently I have to manually chose the album and start the process.

Tags (2) includes a setting to calculate missing replay gains tags when adding tracks to the library.
How could I have missed that! Thanks.
Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:44:44 PM by Plein