Author Topic: Is it possible to have Status Bar always show the number of files selected?  (Read 1731 times)

Erecshyrinol

I've looked around the different settings and all I could find is just toggling the status bar info on/off and switching between HH:MM:SS and decimal display for the duration of the selection.

The format of the status bar info is consistent in its format: [extent], [file size total], [duration], but with that the exact number of files in a given selection is only shown when selecting tracks directly, otherwise it shows numbers of albums instead.

Occasionally, it would be helpful to also see the number of tracks in a selection (in addition to the number of albums) no matter what "level" a selection is made in. Is it not possible, or have I just missed some configuration option in the preferences?

Admittedly, I'm running a bit outdated version (3.2.6827) of MusicBee, so I guess this might very well be something that's already been introduced since?

Thanks!  :)

phred

• Global Moderator
In what view are you seeing this?

In Artwork view, you need to expand the album, select some tracks, and the status bar will show the number of tracks I have selected. Seems to do the same for Albums & Tracks view and Track Details. If you don't have the same behavior update to a current version. I believe I said it before: you're running a version that is two years old and there have been many improvements since then. So the answer to your 'subject' -probably- is, "yes, it's possible, but not with your version."
Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 02:42:40 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Erecshyrinol

My bad, I shouldn't have cropped the screeshots so tightly.
Main panel, using "Album Covers" view. Like in your screenshot, the Status Bar shows exact numbers of tracks only when opening an album and selecting tracks from it, otherwise it shows the extent of a selection as albums.

Does the up-to-date version allow this to be tweaked so it shows selections spanning multiple albums as both numbers of albums and tracks?

Steven

• Administrator
Does the up-to-date version allow this to be tweaked so it shows selections spanning multiple albums as both numbers of albums and tracks?
No - add this to the wishlist if its important to you

Erecshyrinol

No - add this to the wishlist if its important to you
Alright, thanks! I'll put it on my to-do list to add this on the wishlist.  8)