Author Topic: HotKey Option Search  (Read 1882 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
With so many options under the Hotkey configuration, it would be easier to be able to search for a particular function. My request would make it easier to find all the hotkeys that have the word "file" in them. And not search from the beginning of the description. Search the entire description. For example "tag" would show all actions with "tag" or "tags" in the description. I don't think including the 'category' in the search is necessary.

And while looking into this it would also be nice to be see all currently assigned hotkeys - what they are and what the assigned action is. Or if it's easier, to sort on the Hotkey column in that preference tab.

What brought me to this was looking to see if there was a hotkey for the Music Explorer. I had to scroll through the entire list only to discover that it's not available. Which leads me to request that a hotkey for the Music Explorer (for selected and/or playing)  be created. If it exists, please tell me where.

Thanks.
Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 10:18:14 PM by psychoadept
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

alec.tron

+1 on both, search & filter to currently assigned hotkeys , both would be nice additions.
Cheers.
c.

phred

• Global Moderator
search box has been added
This is really great and quite helpful. Thanks Steven.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here