Author Topic: Navigate library by artist - US$100 donation  (Read 15015 times)

Steven

• Administrator
fixes the bug with updating the artist picture cache when adding/replacing an artist picture for multiple files in the tag editor
http://www.mediafire.com/?g74la26uy24096a

also if you copy a picture from the internet or copy a .jpg/.png file from windows explorer, right click/ Paste Artwork will open a dialog where you choose the type of picture (default is Artist). On clicking OK, the selected files will have the artist picture added/replaced into the music file, and the artist cache updated
Also fixes a bug if the artist name contains invalid filename characters

Blinghound

Ive just tested the paste artwork function out, and it works very well! The 0kb .dat file bug has completely gone now

Thank you very much!

Sarge

fixes the bug with updating the artist picture cache when adding/replacing an artist picture for multiple files in the tag editor
http://www.mediafire.com/?g74la26uy24096a

also if you copy a picture from the internet or copy a .jpg/.png file from windows explorer, right click/ Paste Artwork will open a dialog where you choose the type of picture (default is Artist). On clicking OK, the selected files will have the artist picture added/replaced into the music file, and the artist cache updated
Also fixes a bug if the artist name contains invalid filename characters
OK thanks Steven, one question ...is size a issue?  I have been using 300x300 and that seemed to work ok

jromeroz

Hey Steve, thanks so much for doing this work. I've installed all the latest and it works exactly as I had hoped for.  Thanks for responding so fast! and for making MB such a great player.

Steven

• Administrator
OK thanks Steven, one question ...is size a issue?  I have been using 300x300 and that seemed to work ok
any size should works but if you have the pictures too big (>450) then it wont scale so well down

Sarge

any size should works but if you have the pictures too big (>450) then it wont scale so well down
thanks for reply, and 1 more small issue about the new feature. I have it set to show the corresponding track below the artwork panel, and that works good, but when you select 1 artist picture that has multiple albums, it shows all the tracks below, and that's good...BUT the Status bar says  1 'Album' selected. When it should say 1 'Artist'
some other people using my system brought that up. I personally can live thru that.

Blinghound

I noticed something else too, but it might be intended behavior. I also have it set to show the tracks underneath the artwork view, and when I try to add the 'artwork' field to the tracks, it shows the albums' album artwork repeated for each track of that album - not one artwork with every track from the album to the right of it.

Steven

• Administrator
i'll change it to show the album and tracks view when grouped by artist

Steven

• Administrator
i've changed it so when the option to view album tracks in the main panel is set and you have group by Artist or Composer set, then it will show the album tracks using the album and tracks view ie. so you can see the album covers. When grouped by Album the tracks show in Track Detail view (current behavior)

also album covers now show as you move the cursor over the album count text area (when grouped by Artist or Composer).
if you left or right click, it will show a menu so you can play the current displayed album

http://www.mediafire.com/?imv419f989k4ije