Author Topic: Navigate library by artist - US$100 donation  (Read 15447 times)

ma_t14

http://www.mediafire.com/?ohh4c9ov6bp4yrt

Steven, or anyone. Since using this upgrade, when i restart MB songs are now added to the now playing on each start up. Is there a way to stop this ?
It's like auto-dj is constant on.

Cannot confirm

Steven

• Administrator

http://www.mediafire.com/?ohh4c9ov6bp4yrt

Steven, or anyone. Since using this upgrade, when i restart MB songs are now added to the now playing on each start up. Is there a way to stop this ?
It's like auto-dj is constant on.
did you manually turn it on? just click the icon on the now playing list to turn it off

Sarge

I think I have it fixed..i had a power failure at that time...and I noticed a corrupt ini file. So i checked the new ini file that was made and i found  Auto-dj enabled <true> and I switched that to false..and now all seems ok,  i'm still testing it,

seems all good now, (it was on everytime i restarted)  after the power failure

thanks for responding
Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:49:54 PM by Sarge

Steven

• Administrator
works great...! i really like this new feature :) thank you steve

could you add an option to just show one artist when there are some tracks from this artist in which he features other artists ("artist feat. X") ? Because lastfm doesnt find artist pictures and id would be more easy to play all tracks from this artist  :)

it works off the album artist, so just put the primary artist in that field

Blinghound

Hey Steven,

Am I correct in thinking that to manually add an artist picture (the one to show up when artwork view is grouped by artist), I have to add an image in the editor, then set the picture type to 'artist'? I have tried this with no success.

Thanks for making this feature so fast!

Steven

• Administrator
yes but you need to do it will all files by the album artist (even though MB only looks at the first file for each artist, you dont know which one will be the first file).
its best to edit the files by album so you dont end up losing the album picture.
i will look to make this process easier for a future release though
Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:25:52 PM by Steven

Blinghound

thanks for the advice, but after adding an image and saving, the artist picture does not show in the artwork view - even after a refresh or restart.

Are these settings correct?

Sarge

to add my own artist pic, I just put them in the correct ArtistThumb folder and change the .EXT to  .dat

and that works good

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for the advice, but after adding an image and saving, the artist picture does not show in the artwork view - even after a refresh or restart.
Are these settings correct?
the first 2 iterations yesterday morning didnt support editing updating the cache so get the latest weekly update. When re-editing, make sure both pictures are ticked before saving again

Steven

• Administrator
to add my own artist pic, I just put them in the correct ArtistThumb folder and change the .EXT to  .dat

and that works good
sarge, i recommend you keep a backup if you are going to put pictures directly in the cache. Although nothing resets the cache at the moment, in the future there might be a need to (not that i have anything in mind right now)

Blinghound

Hey Steven,

I've tried everything, but the images do not show, does it matter if the image is embedded within the music file or not?

Shall I try deleting the artistThumb folder?

Thanks for any advice

Steven

• Administrator
it beats me why you cant get it to work.
suggest you check one of the files separately after editing - does it have the "Artist" artwork in the artwork tab and if you click "Save To", is it marked as embeded (not that it has to be)
if it is, the check the artist thumb folder - can you see a file with the album artist name? (if no album artist then it uses the artist tag)
take a copy of that .dat file, rename with a .png extension, then open with a picture editor. Is it the picture you want?

Blinghound

I doubled checked the artwork tab, and the image is set to 'Artist', and the file is marked as embedded.

The .dat files in question ARE in the artistthumb folder, but they are 0kb, and the windows photo viewer says that the image file is empty after changing it to .png.

*edit*

After deleting the .dat files in question and restarting musicbee, the pictures now show (as sarge describe)  :)
Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:27:33 PM by Blinghound

Steven

• Administrator
ok i know whats going wrong and will fix that. I also plan to provide a quick way to paste artwork so you do it for all albums by an artist in one go

Sarge

If you have 0 kb  files in the Artistthumb folder, it can be because of a mis spelling of the 'Album Artist' name. you can delete the 0k file  and make your correction in the tag edit. and it will fix itself and the picture then shows

the ones from last fm that I didn't like I made my own as describe before, but Steven says that is not a recomended idea. so becareful doing that

ex: the picture of Paul McCartney from last.fm..he looks like the character from the movie "revenge of the nerds"  ;D
Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 04:47:49 PM by Sarge