Author Topic: How to change MusicBee icon (fastest way)  (Read 7682 times)

YukiSoul

I notice some people don't like the default MusicBee icon so i will tell you how to change it.
And since in wiki you need to change the icon in Properties, General Preferences, and FileTypesMan app, it makes you need to do this 3 steps every time you need to change to new icons (or it will be not synced). So I will just call this the fastest way   ;)

- Download resourcehacker  <-this application and Read how to use it here: https://www.howtogeek.com/75983/stupid-geek-tricks-how-to-modify-the-icon-of-an-.exe-file/

- Change your "MusicBee.exe" icon with resourcehacker. (i guess "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBee.exe" is the default location :-\ )

- Then MusicBee's internal icon, MusicBee's desktop icon, file types icon should be changed to your chosen icon.

- Last, if it not take effect try to restart your pc  ;)
Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 09:46:18 AM by YukiSoul

BoraBora

So you need to download a program, learn how to use it and risk damaging the .exe. Then you need to redo the whole process every time MusicBee is updated or patched, which is nearly every month. It's the most geeky way but definitely not the fastest. :( I'm not even sure tampering with the executable is permitted by the licence.

Edit: I see from your posts that you're coming from Winamp which is dead since 2007 if you don't count that half-baked bug-ridden 2018 version. In that case, changing the icons the hard way may make sense. Luckily for us, MusicBee is alive and well and constantly evolving so don't mess with the executable.  ;)
Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 12:24:40 AM by BoraBora

YukiSoul

Sorry to not reply. i not login since i post this.

So you need to download a program, learn how to use it and risk damaging the .exe. Then you need to redo the whole process every time MusicBee is updated or patched, which is nearly every month. It's the most geeky way but definitely not the fastest. :( I'm not even sure tampering with the executable is permitted by the licence.

Edit: I see from your posts that you're coming from Winamp which is dead since 2007 if you don't count that half-baked bug-ridden 2018 version. In that case, changing the icons the hard way may make sense. Luckily for us, MusicBee is alive and well and constantly evolving so don't mess with the executable.  ;)

If You Don't Like it, it's fine You can call it what ever you want. i don't care :)
Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 12:06:48 AM by YukiSoul

MujikMusical

I notice some people don't like the default MusicBee icon so i will tell you how to change it.
And since in wiki you need to change the icon in Properties, General Preferences, and FileTypesMan app, it makes you need to do this 3 steps every time you need to change to new icons (or it will be not synced). So I will just call this the fastest way   ;)

- Download resourcehacker  <-this application and Read how to use it here: https://www.howtogeek.com/75983/stupid-geek-tricks-how-to-modify-the-icon-of-an-.exe-file/

- Change your "MusicBee.exe" icon with resourcehacker. (i guess "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\MusicBee.exe" is the default location :-\ )

- Then MusicBee's internal icon, MusicBee's desktop icon, file types icon should be changed to your chosen icon.

- Last, if it not take effect try to restart your pc  ;)
Thank you for sharing your ideas. I will try this one too. Hopefully, I will not encounter any issues.

Terry Walker

Edit: I see from your posts that you're coming from Winamp which is dead since 2007 if you don't count that half-baked bug-ridden 2018 version. In that case, changing the icons the hard way may make sense. Luckily for us, MusicBee is alive and well and constantly evolving so don't mess with the executable.  ;)
Is there something bad to happen If you download it?

phred

• Global Moderator
Maybe I'm missing something here but MB's icon can already be changed. Preferences > General > Select Icon.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

voodoopunk

Same if you have a shortcut on your desktop, right click > Properties > Change Icon...

Starfighter

Also, the icon is amazing. That cute bee is what caught my attention in the first place and now I can't imagine my life without that little fella. :D

G-Power

Maybe I'm missing something here but MB's icon can already be changed. Preferences > General > Select Icon.

Know of a way to change it back to default? I messed with it but it seems to me that the default icon is not in the same directory. It looks like it's embedded inside the EXE file.

G-Power

I figured it out.
• Delete the icon you're using at the moment.
• Restart MusicBee.
• Restore the icon from your bin.
• Hello, default icon.