Author Topic: How to save Play Count to music files as tag  (Read 29460 times)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
MB, by default, saves play count of each track to MB database file only. But you can save play count to your music files and keep them auto-updated. You first need install Additional Tagging Tools plugin and enable it: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3833.0
2. Go to Tools> Tagging Tools> Advanced Search and Replace.

Thanks for the push to get me inspired to get: "Copy Last Played Date and Time data into a music file tag" working  8)
Works exactly how as I was hoping!

May I respectfully suggest that "item 2)." In the instructions should read:-
2. Go to Tools> Additional Tagging Tools> Advanced Search and Replace.

Kind Regards: Freddy :-)

redwing

It depends on how you have configured the plugin.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

It depends on how you have configured the plugin.

I could only find a 'Search and Replace' option in 'Tagging Tools' - as opposed to the mentioned; 'Advanced Search and Replace'.
All I can tell you is that it works fine and MUCH better than I excepted. I assumed I would have to do the COPY each week as a 'housekeeping' job, but all updates are implemented 'on the fly' from MB Last Played to the new tag.
So, couldn't be better, and as usual, thanks very much for you invaluable assistance and to those whosoever were involved in developing / testing / suggestions for the Plugin.
Best Regards: Freddy :-)

redwing

Go to Preferences> Plugins and click on "Configure" button for the plugin, and you will see the location of its menu is configurable.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Go to Preferences> Plugins and click on "Configure" button for the plugin, and you will see the location of its menu is configurable.

After the resounding success with copying "Last Played" info from MB library into the music file TAG with your invaluable assistance, I got to thinking that I could now use that info within Theatre Mode, however I can't get it to display that info! Have you any xml code tips/secrets that would work please?

Best Regards: Freddy
Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:54:00 PM by Freddy Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

redwing

Use "custom4" or "virtual12" format for TM instead of the display name you gave.
BTW please do not post a question on these threads if it's not about the topic. Other users would have to read all these posts whether it's relevant or not to the topic.

apokal

Thank you for your effort. One question: Have i got to use tags in the list? I don't want to change WWW Radio Page tag or any existing tag.

redwing

Have i got to use tags in the list? I don't want to change WWW Radio Page tag or any existing tag.

You can create a new tag and use it for this.

- Go to Preferences> Tags (1)> Define new tags and enter whatever tag code to identifier box and press tab to populate it in other boxes.
- Save and close the dialog and return to Tags (1) panel. Now the drop-down menu for custom tag configuration settings will list the tag code you just created.

TIJ0448

I am not a very technologically inclined user and I am having difficulties embedding play counts as tags in my music files. I have downloaded the additional tagging tools plugin, but it will not import any presets, as it says there are no presets to load. I seemed to think the play count preset was something I'd be able to locate easily and embed but this is not the case. Do I need to create a new tag for play count and import that? I am very confused. Any assistance? Again, simple steps and terms would be appreciated.

phred

• Global Moderator
It sounds like you didn't install AT&RT plugin correctly. There should be a directory called ASR Presents in your plugins directory. All the presets should be there.

And as far as I can recall, there is no preset for play count. You'll need to follow the instructions in this thread.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Again, simple steps and terms would be appreciated.
The first post of this thread is a literal step-by-step with pictures.  The nature of the process itself is that it cannot be made more simple than that.  It is not impossibly complicated, but neither is it an entirely simplistic procedure.