Author Topic: Weird graphical glitches  (Read 2089 times)

steven005140

https://imgur.com/tj78Ze8

These black bars and black glitches appear very often
Don't know the reason why
I'm on the latest patch (3.4.7628)

Steven

• Administrator

steven005140

Nothing actually, didn't install anything other than musicbee itself

Steven

• Administrator

steven005140

I mean, it's back to normal again, I don't know why it does this sometimes..

frankz

I've seen this before when opening the program and it happened tonight.  No big deal since switching to another tab and then back corrects it, but it is a thing.  In this case, MB opened focused to a tab where search results were.

Black spaces in the left panel plus a section of the main panel replicated over there.

Skin is Classique Teal light, but I'm fairly sure it has happened to me on MusicBee3, too.

Steven

• Administrator
The next time it happens, could you let me know if dragging MB so some of the black panel is off screen and then dragging back on screen again refreshes the black area

frankz

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I tried it three times this morning.  The one time the search results were all from the Library, it did not happen.  The two times the search results included items from the Inbox and the Library, it did happen.

Anyway, here's what happened when when I opened MB to search results with items from the Inbox and Library:

Then I clicked the menu bar to drag it off screen and pulled it back.  It did refresh, but it refreshed to another odd state.

As before, switching to Now Playing or something else made it normal.

frankz

Just wanted to add that I don't think it was the act of dragging it off screen that refreshed it.  Looking again, when I grab the menu to drag it it goes from full screen to resize mode, and that's when it refreshed.  Actually going off-screen and then coming back didn't change it.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm also seeing this -sometimes.- If it's going to happen, it's when moving between tabs, or when searching and the results open a new tab. 3.4.7632 P.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Anyway, here's what happened when when I opened MB to search results with items from the Inbox and Library:
would you mind sending me a link to your settings file

The Incredible Boom Boom

I also see what @phred sees, but without the black bars. My skin background is black, though, maybe that's why?

Clicking on the area makes it how it should be, so this hasn't really bothered me.

Steven

• Administrator
I can reproduce the issue reported by frankz, but it is specific to the handling for loading the layout rules for search results on startup only. ie. if the source tab that the search results are retrieved from has a custom view that hides the left main panel and the search results view is displayed using a different custom view (or default view) that hides the left main panel, that confuses the handling.
That specific issue is fixed for the next v3.4 update
I dont think the OP has anything to do with the issue reported by frankz.
If others have an issue that is not specific to handling of search results on startup then let me know

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 09:30:04 AM by Steven