Author Topic: why does windows lower the volume when I open another application?  (Read 1690 times)

gaiastar

Hi

I play all my music with musicbee ,wasapi shared mode

I have searched in the forum ,and in the microsoft forum ,tring to find a fix

for example now I have musicbee playing music , if i open vlc and video ,windows start to lower musicbee volume , as soon as I close vlc , the musicbee volume increase perfectly

now I can't use exclusive mode , because I have to work and use headphones and I get lots of emails , and I have setup my email client to notify me with a custom audio clip
I mean , I need wasapi shared mode for now

is there a fix?
thanks
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

phred

• Global Moderator
Because that's what "shared" does. It lowers the volume of the focused application when a new 'sound-producing' application is opened. I believe you can get around this by using the Direct Sound option.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

gaiastar

Because that's what "shared" does. It lowers the volume of the focused application when a new 'sound-producing' application is opened. I believe you can get around this by using the Direct Sound option.
hi Phred
You know i have searched a lot without any answer ,maybe because english is not my native language
I did not know about wasapi "shared" mode , just because i have tried several application , and for example foobar2000 in wasapi shared mode does not lower the musicbee volume ,like vlc .. and this happen under w10 mostly

I want to thank you so much .
thanks
Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 08:26:29 AM by gaiastar
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

sveakul

I think the reason you didn't notice the effect with Foobar is that you might be using the Wasapi Shared output plugin, "foo_out_wasapis";  its developer states "My component does all volume adjusting itself and doesn't touch the OS mixer."  It's not the same thing as the new built-in default one (don't know the deal with that) the latest version has.