Author Topic: MB do not connect Android phone with its specific settings  (Read 2017 times)

LVS

Hello,
When I connect my phone via usb, no problem, it appears in MB.
The first time, I have done a specific profile for my phone.
The bug is that each time after I connect my phone, MB is acting like it is a new device, it is not connecting my phone with the previous profile, so I loose all my settings and ability to update my music on the phone. I have to erase everything and redo an upload which is a non sens.
Thank you very much for your help!!
Laurent

NB: I am on windows 8.1 using MB 3.3.7491 with a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini running Android 4.4.2
Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 04:15:20 PM by LVS
MusicBee is just the state of the art for anyone managing music files. Thank you so much guys!! After decades of using iTunes, MB has really put me in the modern age!!
I don't have much to thanks all people working on MusicBee and all the music brothers on the forum. But what I can do is to share my love for music and the homemade mixes I do for my kids and friends!!
To listen: https://www.mixcloud.com/Arkats/
To download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FpflnF5YYmny7vy0N1WlNDVnXz-UzwKJ
I hope you will enjoy!!

LVS

Does anyone else is running Android 4.4? And if yes, how do you sync?
MusicBee is just the state of the art for anyone managing music files. Thank you so much guys!! After decades of using iTunes, MB has really put me in the modern age!!
I don't have much to thanks all people working on MusicBee and all the music brothers on the forum. But what I can do is to share my love for music and the homemade mixes I do for my kids and friends!!
To download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FpflnF5YYmny7vy0N1WlNDVnXz-UzwKJ
I hope you will enjoy!!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I don't have any very specific shiver for you, sorry. I'm not even sure if this will work on your phone, but you could try working around the problem by using the MusicBee Wifi Sync app.

If you do get it working, let us know.

I will say that at some point I was doing a wired sync with 4.4, probably in Windows 7 at the time. A lot had changed since then, though.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
but you could try working around the problem by using the MusicBee Wifi Sync app.
I suppose it's worth a try, but remember, a wired preview has to be performed once before a WiFi sync can take place.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I was under the impression preview and sync are working fine, it's just that the profile gets reset every time the phone connected to MB. My thought is that once the profile is created, if they don't have to plug the phone in again, it won't be an issue. Or at least less frequently.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

LVS

Guys, thank you for you replies and proposals.
Unfortunately, as my phone is running with Android 4.4 and blocked by Samsung to update to a more recent version, I cannot install and use Musicbee Wifi Sync as advised because it requires Android 5.0 minimum.
An alternative would be to use an apk of an older version of the app but I have not been able to found one. Do you have any advise?

I was under the impression preview and sync are working fine, it's just that the profile gets reset every time the phone connected to MB. My thought is that once the profile is created, if they don't have to plug the phone in again, it won't be an issue. Or at least less frequently.
Sorry, psychoadept, I don't understand what you mean!?

What is happening is that when I connect my phone for the first time, MB is creating automatically a device called GT-I9195. Then I configure the different options, and proceed a sync. Everything goes fine.
The problem is the next time, when I connect my phone, MB is creating a NEW device called GT-I9195 with by default options. So, I have to reconfigure all the options. If, I do that and proceed to a new sync then MB is not recognizing the previous sync and database on the phone and re-sync from scratch creating a huge mess on my music database on the phone.

I would add that MB is creating automatically a device whatever is plugged on usb port. So regularly, I have new devices created with the names of the usb keys I am using. Is there an option to avoid MB creating new devices automatically?
Thank you very much for your help!
Laurent
I hope you will enjoy!!

phred

• Global Moderator
I cannot install and use Musicbee Wifi Sync as advised because it requires Android 5.0 minimum.
An alternative would be to use an apk of an older version of the app but I have not been able to found one. Do you have any advise?
Since MB's WiFi Sync app was initially developed a couple of years ago, you will not be able to find an older APK that works on your OS as it does not exist.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here