Author Topic: How can I get the song numbers by *.ext ?  (Read 1627 times)

crnirg

How can I get the song numbers by *.ext ?
You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

hiccup

Hopefully a member with stronger mind-reading capabilities than me understands what you are trying to achieve.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Try showing .ext as a field in the column browser.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

crnirg

My wish is to somehow get the number of songs based on the extension - mp3 = x, flac = x2, m4a = x3 ...
Maybe not stronger mind-reading capabilities for answer,maybe !
You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
My suggestion will allow you to see that info.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

crnirg

Sorry, but my brain stopped - how to collectively get the number of songs per * .ext in the library - my brain sstop a few days;)

phred

• Global Moderator
I suggest creating an auto-playlist for each file extension. When you open the playlist in Track Details view you'll see the number of tracks with that extension in the Status Bar. If you open the playlist in Album View, the Status Bar will show the number of albums.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator
Try showing .ext as a field in the column browser.

Not available to show in Column Browser directly, but OP could create a virtual tag that just uses <.ext> and display that.
Right-click the heading and select Show Count and you have a list of each file type in your library, how many tracks you have with each extension, and an easy way to filter them.

Bee excellent to each other...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Not available to show in Column Browser directly, but OP could create a virtual tag that just uses <.ext> and display that.
Right-click the heading and select Show Count and you have a list of each file type in your library, how many tracks you have with each extension, and an easy way to filter them.

Ah, you're right. It doesn't allow Kind, either. Good suggestion.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

crnirg

Zak,that's it - thank you very much.