Author Topic: Edits with Tag Inspector  (Read 7200 times)

Mr. Trev

Just sent a PM of my log too.
Hope it helps
same question as for hiccup - are you using the docked tag editor? and you don't have the vertical tag editor displayed?

If by docked you mean "show in main panel", no. I use floating window.

I also don't use the vertical editor.

Steven

• Administrator
@Mr. Trev, in your case the file modification time returned by the server is not updating in a timely manner ie. its returning the old file modification time. I will put in a delay as i suspect it gets updated on the server a second or two afterwards

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven...

I have still not been able to reproduce the issue I stated in my OP. I have tried many times during the day and never once has the warning appeared. This is with the debug version you created for this issue.

I am going to update to the latest 3.4 patch and see what happens.

Hopefully I'll never see it again. If I do, I'll have a backup of the album I'm working on and will reinstall the debug version and overwrite the tracks with the original unedited tracks.

EDIT: I know you haven't changed anything regarding this issue but I just patched to 3.4.7631 P and used the Tag Inspector to edit some tracks from two of the albums that caused me to open up this thread and not once did I see the warning.

I'd be curious to know if any folks who said they've seen it before see it now.
Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 11:26:09 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
This version has a delayed check for the file modification timestamp. Hopefully this fixes the issue but I cant test and be sure so let me know how it goes

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Mr. Trev

I gave this version a try using the exact same process as before and got the same result. Files need to be rescanned.

Personally, I'm not sure it's worth wasting too many calories try to fix my situation. It's never really bothered me that much.

Cheers

phred

• Global Moderator
I've only seen it when saving a tag or tags using the Tag Inspector.
This has suddenly changed.
I was editing tags in the Tag Editor (-not- the Tag Inspector) and got the same message as when I started this thread: Tags were made outside of MB and may need to be rescanned. (Or something close to that.) I thought the screenshot would've captured the warning message, but it didn't. I was editing the title tag and using a hotkey (Edit: Save/ Goto Next) to move from track to track.The warning appeared upon each move. I wasn't using a hotkey when this was happening in the Tag Inspector.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here