Author Topic: Edits with Tag Inspector  (Read 7266 times)

frankz

Mine seems to be related to rating songs or embedding lyrics on a computer that's not the one hosting the network share. 

The rating thing is a problem which I had before that you solved, but seems to have returned recently.

Mr. Trev

and is this only after saving with the tag inspector?

I typically only use the tag editor to remove tags, but yes that's the case for me.

Steven

• Administrator
I can't reproduce this and i don't see why saving with the tag inspector would be any different to saving a file normally with the tag editor.
I guess i can create a debug version if anyone is willing to do some tests

phred

• Global Moderator
I guess i can create a debug version if anyone is willing to do some tests
Whenever you can get to it I'll run the debug.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator

phred

• Global Moderator
could you run this version and send me the new entries in the error log when it happens
Outside of MB I created a 'test' album. I launched the debug version and placed the files in the Inbox. I spent twenty minutes using the Tag Inspector to edit various tags in the same manner I was doing when I first posted about this. Not once did I get the warning. There are about 100 entries in the Error Log, which I can PM to you if you feel they'll be useful. Otherwise I will keep trying to get the warning and will send the log when it happens.

It might be helpful is someone else who is experiencing this would run the debug also.

Thanks for trying to look into this.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

It might be helpful is someone else who is experiencing this would run the debug also.

I just ran the debug version, very quickly got the error and pm'ed the log file.
A pretty standard portable (test) installation, not tweaked much, a very small library on local drive, same partition as the install.

Just a thought, perhaps regional formatting plays some role?
(I am using Windows in English, but have the regional settings for date time etc. in Dutch. Differences in dots and comma's and such)

phred

• Global Moderator
(I am using Windows in English, but have the regional settings for date time etc. in Dutch. Differences in dots and comma's and such)
I'm using US English along with US regional settings. I was seeing this warning for quite some time until I installed the debug version. Now I can reproduce it. But I'll keep trying to make it happen.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

I'm using US English along with US regional settings. I was seeing this warning for quite some time until I installed the debug version. Now I can reproduce it. But I'll keep trying to make it happen.

Yeah, but since others than me are reporting this with using a nas, perhaps these nas systems do something with time/date formatting that MB is not expecting?

Or maybe there are different reasons for this happening. Timing, latency, time formatting, ...

phred

• Global Moderator
In reply #22 I typed "Now I can reproduce it." That should have read "Now I CAN'T reproduce it."

My music files are also on a NAS, but typically when editing tags the files are in the Inbox, which is on a local drive. Which was the situation during this past week. I will try reproducing the issue using files in the NAS.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
@hiccup, thanks for sending the log. What is your configuration for the tag editor? Do you have the vertical tag editor displayed and were you editing from that same panel?

hiccup

@hiccup, thanks for sending the log. What is your configuration for the tag editor? Do you have the vertical tag editor displayed and were you editing from that same panel?

No, only the docked tag editor, and I only edited one tag and then clicked 'save'.
Testing it for the last 10 minutes using pretty much the same procedure didn't trigger the error message once.

But since this is a pretty much plain-vanilla testing portable install, I should be able to do some more specific testing occasionally the coming days (or weeks), and set my mind to see if I can spot some not-so-obvious pattern.
It's quite a mystery to me at this moment.

Steven

• Administrator
No, only the docked tag editor, and I only edited one tag and then clicked 'save'.
In your case, the issue is specific to saving a file with the docked tag editor and is due to the file in some cases being checked before the file is actually saved.
It should be fixed for the next update

Mr. Trev

Steven

• Administrator
Just sent a PM of my log too.
Hope it helps
same question as for hiccup - are you using the docked tag editor? and you don't have the vertical tag editor displayed?