Author Topic: Je ne trouve pas ma collection de musique  (Read 4540 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can select any number of files, right click and use Send To > File Rescan.

You say you got this computer recently. I wonder if that has anything to do with the permissions problem. Did you a copy a lot of files from another computer?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

cyril_ansi

Yes I made this, but it not resolve the problem.

He still has this error message :  https://imgur.com/a/gl8XiQV . I have no doubt you know this message but in case I translate " File's save--> access refused"

I think it's related to a permission problem. Yes I took all audio files with USB key on another PC.

Thank you very much for helping me, because i would really like use this application despite there difficulties (and sorry for my spelling mistakes ;) )

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You're welcome, thank you for being patient with the process!

I suspect that this or something very similar is the problem: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001983.htm

If that guide doesn't help, I've also used this app in extreme circumstances, when nothing else worked. Use with caution! https://www.iobit.com/en/iobit-unlocker.php
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

cyril_ansi

What is weird and what I forgot to tell you, is that the first time I opened MusicBee a few days ago, I COULD EDIT, but since I could not find my collection of music (cf initial problem of the conversation), so I did as you told me, ie uninstall MusicBee and install the portable version. But since I did that, at least I can listen to music on MusicBee but so I have this problem of not being able to edit my tracks.

I did you first method and it still doesn't work...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not actually surprised that you're having a different access problem with the portable installation. I'm not experienced enough iwith it to have all the technical words, but MusicBee as an installed app has different access rights than as a portable app (which is related to the fact you don't have to give administrator permission to install the portable version). This is really a windows issue, though, so I don't know how much more help I can be.  My only other suggestion would be also moving the music files themselves to a different location; I don't know if that would fix it or not.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

cyril_ansi

I think I roughly understand the problem. I think I have found the "solution", which is to redownload all my music (around 1000 for the moment) ... I only see these solutions without being too complicated

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That sounds like it should work. Let us know!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

cyril_ansi

Even like that, it doesn't work ...
If this is really a Windows problem, do you know a forum where I could be helped please?

Do you think there might be a difference if I use the Windows 10 version of MusicBee?

phred

• Global Moderator
Do you think there might be a difference if I use the Windows 10 version of MusicBee?
There is no Windows 10 specific version of MB. It works on Windows 7, 8, and 10.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Do you mean the store version? I wouldn't recommend it, then you won't be able to install the most recent updates.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)