Author Topic: 'Send to Clipboard' Tags ♦ Sequential Numbering?  (Read 1346 times)

WannaBee

Hi Everybody,

At the moment, I 'Send to Clipboard' tags in the format "<Title> - <Artist>". I would like to be able to add a sequential number to each track to receive the following result:

01. Title - Artist
02. Title - Artist
03. Title - Artist
etc.

I assume this can be done using a custom-field, but I do not know how to. Could you please help?

Thank you.

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure you can't do this. With or without a custom or virtual tag. Just thinking out loud - the sequential number tag would have to be present in each file before you copied it to the clipboard. Each time you selected files to go to the clipboard, the 'number' would be whatever number is in that tag. I don't see a way that sequential numbering can come into play here. Someone more creative with tags may have an idea.

You might want to take a look at the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin. It has many more options for reports than MB's built-in tools. I still don't know if what you want can be done by the plugin, but it's worth a look.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

WannaBee

Thanks phred. I was hoping that the sequential numbering could be infused into it somehow, rather than having to draw the information from the tag itself. I'll take it that it cannot be done, and leave it it that.

frankz

Just an idea - if you paste it into a spreadsheet program it would be fairly easy to add a column at the far left and then create your sequential numbers from there and then copy and paste from that spreadsheet format to whatever your ultimate end-use is.

phred

• Global Moderator
Just an idea
Yes! That's a good one. An extra step or two, but you'll get what you're looking for.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

WannaBee

Thanks, that's exactly what I ended up doing — only in MS Word.

hiccup

Thanks, that's exactly what I ended up doing — only in MS Word.

It's probably even easier using notepad++

Ctrl+a
Alt+c

You may be able to fully automate it using AHK.
But that's gonna take a lot of work, trial and effort.
That will only be sensible if you are using the feature extensively, or are very bored ;-)