Author Topic: Play Music  (Read 3426 times)

Rmac10

??? Unless I missed it in the setup I would really like to click on a song to preplay it from the library. That is before I place it into the playlist. Right now all the files go there or (queue next) then listen then remove it start all over again. Much easier and faster to play it before, then add it to playlist. This would make it easier to make playlist before I save it. Just a thought on my part Thanks. Rmac10

cartman005

If you go to File > Open File or URL it doesn't add it to the library.

Rmac10

Thankyou for this information I did try file (open file or URl). This way is even slower then queue next if I have to find each and every song I want to hear. What I`m looking for is a way to click the song I want to hear and it will play. It won`t go to a playlist or anywhere just play. Then if I want it in the playlist either drag it or double click it and then it will go to playlist. I find this to be a convent way to listen to a lot of songs quickly and decide if I want that one in my playlist. Not sure if this can be done in the MusicBee program but it would sure be a nice. I think this is one of the best players I have found out there and I have tried at lest 30 others.  My Thanks Rmac10  :-\

Steven

• Administrator
it sounds like musicbee isnt the application you are looking for as it isnt oriented the way you are asking. You can double click on songs to play them but they are always added to the Now Playing list. The Now Playing list is a reflection of what has been played and what is upcoming but just a transient playlist.
You could drag the songs you like from the now playing list to your own playlist though

Rmac10

Thanks Steven thats what I will do when I opened one of my music file it seems to be the best way to solve what I'm looking for.

Sarge

Thanks Steven thats what I will do when I opened one of my music file it seems to be the best way to solve what I'm looking for.
In your track browser, "right click the song" >choose play with VLC..then if you like it add it.

Rmac10

Thanks everyone for all your help I finally figure out a way to do it. I went into Edit - Preferences - Now Playing - 'Play Now' action and picked (clear list and play selected tracks only). This will place only one song in the list at a time then I can add it to the new playlist I have made. Thanks Again.  :D