Author Topic: Sorting and Grouping between folders  (Read 175 times)

musicocd

Don't know if there is already a way to do this. Would like to be able to sort and group differently between folders. For example group a certain way for my "Artist A" folder and another way for "Artist B".

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

There certainly is a way.  Have you checked out this page yet? https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/File_Organization

The way I would probably approach the situation you describe is using exceptions. That will be much easier to understand and adjust quickly than trying to get it all into a single template.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.4)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

musicocd

Thank you, will check it out if it does what I have in mind. 8)

Zak

OP should also clarify if they mean sorting and grouping their files, or their view of those files in MusicBee.
Bee excellent to each other...

musicocd

OP should also clarify if they mean sorting and grouping their files, or their view of those files in MusicBee.

Their view of those files in MusicBee is what I meant.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Ah, I interpreted folder as referring to the file system.

Your best bet in the interface is to use filters or playlists and assign different views.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.4)

musicocd

Ah, I interpreted folder as referring to the file system.

Your best bet in the interface is to use filters or playlists and assign different views.

My wish is to use grouping only with one particular artist and not use it at all for the rest of my collection.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't think there's a way to that without using different views. Maybe you could hack something with a virtual tag that's empty for all artists except that one, but depending on where in the interface it is, MusicBee may still convert an empty value to Unknown <Tag>.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.4)

musicocd

I don't think there's a way to that without using different views. Maybe you could hack something with a virtual tag that's empty for all artists except that one, but depending on where in the interface it is, MusicBee may still convert an empty value to Unknown <Tag>.

Oh well, thanks for your help. Maybe its something for a future version of MusicBee.  ;)