Author Topic: Save tracks in auto-playlist  (Read 1236 times)

morgan109

Hi,
I sync music files in my PC with my phone. They're getting too many for my microSD so I want to reduce it to only having files in my auto playlists.
What I'm wondering now if there's a function/smart-method to save/export all the tracks in my auto playlists to, for instance, a separate folder that I can later sync?

Right now I sync big chunks of folders at a time, many containing tracks that aren't in an auto playlist because they have too low rating (what my auto playlists are primarily based on). The auto playlist itself isn't synced of course but a static export of it; I look at what's in there and sync my folders based on that. What I want is to also auto-export the files themselves and not just the playlist. Would be awesome and save allot of data (and time) for me  :D

Thanks for answering!

phred

• Global Moderator
At the bottom of each playlist's configuration window, you can check "automatically export a static copy." That will update with each change made to the playlist be it a static playlist or an auto-playlist.

You can set the destination by going to Settings > Library > playlists > exported playlists
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This sounds like you're making it more complicated than it needs to be. If you just select the playlist(s) you want to sync in the sync settings (not "all music" or any folders), then only those files will be synced. The playlist is too, but that shouldn't make much difference.

Is there some reason that won't work for you?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

morgan109

This sounds like you're making it more complicated than it needs to be. If you just select the playlist(s) you want to sync in the sync settings (not "all music" or any folders), then only those files will be synced. The playlist is too, but that shouldn't make much difference.

Is there some reason that won't work for you?

Well this is what I'm doing at the moment, manually picking folders (not the entire library) to sync as well as the static playlist. So I have to basically structure my folders after playlists and reshuffle files inside those folders. I don't want to do that.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well this is what I'm doing at the moment, manually picking folders (not the entire library) to sync as well as the static playlist. So I have to basically structure my folders after playlists and reshuffle files inside those folders. I don't want to do that.

You don't need to do that if the tracks you want are already in an auto playlist. Just select the playlist to sync, MusicBee will take care of the rest.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

morgan109

You don't need to do that if the tracks you want are already in an auto playlist. Just select the playlist to sync, MusicBee will take care of the rest.

I use Resilio sync. Is there a Musicbee tool for syncing files with external devices?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I use Resilio sync. Is there a Musicbee tool for syncing files with external devices?

Oh, no wonder this sounds hard. I used Resilio sync to do wifi transfers at one point, but now you can use Steven's MusicBee WiFi Sync app to do it directly.

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Devices

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.getmusicbee.musicbeewifisync
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

morgan109

There we go. That's precisely what I was asking for. Thanks for the help!