Author Topic: moving to a new computer  (Read 3699 times)

Marukomu

Do you mean file > playlists > import playlists?

If so, when I point it to the folder where the playlists are stored (music/musicbee/playlists), it doesn't show anything as the playlists in that folder are all in .mbp format and the search is looking for asx, m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl, xspf formats. So I can't import anything. Or is there another way of getting them in?

Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you mean file > playlists > import playlists?

No, I mean outside of MusicBee, just copy the playlist files into the new Playlist folder (as configured in library preferences).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Marukomu

OK, thanks. That has got the playlists showing now. And I've relinked the paths so that the tracks are getting picked up correctly. The one last thing that not right yet is the playcounts and last played info for the tracks in the playlists. They're all at zero/unknown.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The one last thing that not right yet is the playcounts and last played info for the tracks in the playlists. They're all at zero/unknown.

Do those tracks also exist in your library, with the same file path, and have correct info?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
What are the steps to take to make this as painless as possible?
It's probably too late now, but for future reference, using the Portable version would've taken care of everything in less than half an hour. And probably closer to ten minutes.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Marukomu

The one last thing that not right yet is the playcounts and last played info for the tracks in the playlists. They're all at zero/unknown.

Do those tracks also exist in your library, with the same file path, and have correct info?

Yes, they are in the library with the same file path and all the info is there except for the playcounts and last played dates.

I'll have a look at using the portable version and also read https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore to see if it has what I'm looking for.

Marukomu

OK, I've gone through the wiki and installed the portable version. With a bit of fiddling with locating missing files, I now seem to have the same setup as previously, so that's great news. Apologies for all the questions - got there in the end

phred

• Global Moderator
got there in the end
Glad to hear that.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here