Author Topic: Wishlist-Please add Separated Global HotKeys  (Read 2062 times)

RizwanZahirMB

Hello developers,

Please add separated global hot keys to the player. It will be more user-friendly feature.

Example:

phred

• Global Moderator
Do you mean like this?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zak

• Global Moderator
I think OP wants the ability to set two different global hotkeys for each command, like AIMP allows.
I'm not sure what the benefit would be.
Bee excellent to each other...

phred

• Global Moderator
I agree. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Perhaps the OP will enlighten us.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Terry Walker

RizwanZahirMB

for sure OP will enlighten us. Let us just wait and see.
you are right. And I have ask question from you. Why AIMP provides different global hotkeys?. When we use music bee and other application with same hotkeys,the system do two tasks at one time. It will boring to user.

hiccup

Why AIMP provides different global hotkeys?

I did some searching, including help files from Aimp, and I couldn't find any explanation on that.

So it looks like you can assign two different hotkey combinations for a single function in Aimp.
I am not sure how that is useful, but somebody probably thought it was a good idea.

But it is not clear to me how that feature relates to other software running at the same time.
Perhaps there is some language barier in your writings, but it would probably be good if you could explain this a little bit better.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think it's so you can have a shared hotkey and an app-specific hotkey? I'm still not sure why you'd want that, it seems convoluted.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

The Incredible Boom Boom

I can barely remember the single global hotkeys I have set up.  :-\

RizwanZahirMB

When we use music bee, we can easily use left and right arrow keys to forward or backward . But we can't use arrow keys to forward or backward the music, when we play games.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When we use music bee, we can easily use left and right arrow keys to forward or backward . But we can't use arrow keys to forward or backward the music, when we play games.

But how does this differ from the already available global hotkeys?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

SonicRings

I agree. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to me. In Winamp I used to have several global hotkeys for the same command. ctrl+alt+up/down would adjust the volume, as would ctrl+volume wheel up/down. Now, I have to choose one or the other.

What is there to "get"? 2 different hotkeys to do the same thing. Even games such as Overwatch allow you to bind the same ability to multiple keys. It's not rocket science.

The way Winamp handled it was you just choose what function you want to add, tell it what hotkey to assign it to, and just add the hotkey. You can add infinite hotkeys to do the same thing this way. There's literally nothing to lose.

As it stands, I'm forced to use AutoHotKey to create additional hotkeys and simply have them input the single hotkey that is assigned in MusicBee, which is less than ideal and would not work if the original hotkey's keys control something else, as it would still control the other program. See below.

^Volume_up::^!up
^Volume_down::^!down

Musicbee's hotkey to adjust volume is ctrl-alt-up (^!up) and ctrl-alt-down (^!down). I want to make ctrl-volume_up (^Volume_up) and ctrl-volume_down (^Volume_down) also adjust volume. But since I can only assign a single hotkey to that in MusicBee, I need to use the above script.

Another example: I want to set the "show compact player" hotkey to both alt-c, and f20. Since I can only set it to one, I have to make my f20 key simulate the alt-c keys using autohotkey. (f20 is assigned to my Logitech G710+ keyboard's G1 key). Alternatively, I can set f20 as the hotkey (yes, musicbee takes f1-f24) and make alt-c simulate the f20 key in autohotkey.

If you had trouble following any of that, that's more of a reason for musicbee to allow several global hotkeys to be set, since the workaround is painfully convoluted to the layman.

+100 from me.
Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 08:28:13 AM by SonicRings