Author Topic: Syncing ratings / play counts to android device and back  (Read 6014 times)

ihaven

Hey all,
  Have been successful in usb and wifi syncing files through--but for some reason the ratings and playcounts never take.  I initially tried Poweramp, but then to see if it was an issue with MusicBee, I tried GMMP as well, which became even stranger as it then updated only random songs.

I've tried:
-setting preferences to "store ratings in the music files"
-change sync setting to "force the use of ID3 v2.3for saving mp3 files
-saving playlist format as M3U8
-using Full Rescan in PowerAmp
-using both USB sync and MusicBee Wifi Sync

Not sure what else to try--and I'm generally out of my realm here.  For the few tracks that did sync rating for GMMP, I'm not sure what was unique about them, and I haven't been able to get either app to sync new ratings back to the PC. 

I'm using:
PowerAmp Build: v3-build-884-arm64-play trial
Device: samsung galaxy note 10
Android: 10
 MusicBee (V 3.3.7491; with Windows 10

I appreciate whatever help you offer!

phred

• Global Moderator
Try  using MB's WiFi Sync App from the Play Store which has the ability to reverse sync Playcounts and Ratings. But -ONLY- from GoneMad or PowerAmp.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

devo1d

Thanks. I already succeeded in reverse syncing ratings made in Poweramp but ratings do not sync across from MusicBee to mobile.

I'd long admired MB but was slow to move away from iTunes bcs I was concerned that I wouldn't get the fairly smooth 2 way sync I used to have using iSyncr (with Rocketplayer).