Author Topic: BEER skin  (Read 21298 times)

Sarge

@Sarge
How did you change the color of the volume slider?
I'm still working on my metro-style skin. But i can't change the volume slider color.

If you mean the actual SLOT that the volumne button slides in, that is controlled by

<element id="Player.Background" bg="255,255,255" bg2="252,184,11" fg="THIS ONE" bdr="40,68,7"

Steven

• Administrator
so obvious  :)
not sure what i was thinking at the time i defined that one!

VX

Hi Sarge,

I've been using this sin for a couple of days and like it more and more  (especially in hot days  ;D) . Well done, thanks  :)
I'm going to use it as default for a few weeks, but I've some improvements suggestions if you don't mind:
1) make the highlight bar darker as the current one (pale yellow could be hard to see on the white background);
2) make highlight bar the same colour when browsing through Main Menu too
The current solution with the blue frames:
for marked entry doesn't really look great and it is a bit inconsistent IMHO;
3) when Player Control Panel is located in the Bottom Pane
the progress bar for currently played track is inconsistent with the other locations (yellow - brown instead of red - brown when Player Control Panel is located in other places).

Thanks  once again :)

Sarge

Hi Sarge,

I've been using this sin for a couple of days and like it more and more  (especially in hot days  ;D) . Well done, thanks  :)
I'm going to use it as default for a few weeks, but I've some improvements suggestions if you don't mind:

Thanks  once again :)
I made the changes to the Drop Down Menu as you suggested, thanks for that feedback. I did keep the Main Player the same , as it was intentional the way I have it. BUT ..I made another file called VX Beer that has the change in the player for you. The file on Page 1 has only the menu changes..this is the  VX Beer  skin link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z5i1cfzik8szfh4

VX

Thank you very much, Sarge, for the improvements  :) And especially for the VX version  :o  8)

Is it possible that the highlight line for Main Panel and Now Playing List has the same dark-yellow frame as in the Drop Down menu  ???

I like the way you improved it and it would be great if a similar solution was applied to other places too. (The current one highlight color is a little bit to pale for me without the frame).

Sarge

Thank you very much, Sarge, for the improvements  :) And especially for the VX version  :o  8)

Is it possible that the highlight line for Main Panel and Now Playing List has the same dark-yellow frame as in the Drop Down menu  ???

I like the way you improved it and it would be great if a similar solution was applied to other places too. (The current one highlight color is a little bit to pale for me without the frame).
Actually they were the same color, I think because the menu has a border it makes it appear diffferent, so try this one I darkened the main panel and now playing highlite..this file only has your changes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0fwrnb13l4m8j1w

VX

Actually they were the same color, I think because the menu has a border it makes it appear diffferent, so try this one I darkened the main panel and now playing highlite..this file only has your changes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0fwrnb13l4m8j1w

Thank you very much  :) This one is perfect for me  8)

Sarge

your welcome, hard to tell sometimes the same color changes on different monitors and systems.

i'm going to stick to making skins that people don't like...it's easier