Author Topic: Empty playlists from wired and wifi sync  (Read 9604 times)

Madmaxneo

Try M3U8

Will that fix the sync issue with the Samsung music player?

EDIT: Either way the M3U8 didn't have any effect with the samsung player... they still show up as empty playlists

Madmaxneo

Gone mad is the player, GMMP.

It sounded like you had established that the playlists were successfully being transferred to the phone, so the only place left to troubleshoot is getting them into the player. That's not a MusicBee issues.

Certainly, if it helps, you could copy the playlists elsewhere until you figured out what's happening. But unless you actually get them our of where the player can see them, then you can't establish with any certainty what's going on.  You have to eliminate all variables and test each step by itself
I downloaded GMMP and all the songs for the synced playlists are showing up in that player. Is this the recommended music player for MusicBee now? I have heard GMMP mentioned quite often on these forums but assumed it was some kind of format or driver file, I don't think I ever knew it was some kind of music player.

Is it possible to set this as the default music player on my phone so that it overrides the default player? My music automatically starts when i get into and start the car which is what I prefer.

phred

• Global Moderator
If you want to use WiFi sync (which is much, much faster than wired) then there are only two Android players capable of reverse syncing - GoneMad and PowerAmp. Psychoadept and I use GoneMad. I don't reverse sync, but he does. I'm sure there are a good number of MB users using each of those players. And of course each will have their own opinion of which is best.

Is it possible to set this as the default music player on my phone so that it overrides the default player? My music automatically starts when i get into and start the car which is what I prefer.
I think that can be set from the Android setting page. Settings > Apps > GoneMAD Music Player > Set as default.

I have been using the default Samsung music player on my phone. Are you referring to the 'GoneMAD' app from Google Play? Right now I see the app itself is only a trial.
Yes, it's offered as a trial for fourteen days. Then you need to purchase it. Or not. The unlocker on the play store is currently $4 USD. Well worth it, IMHO.
Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 05:43:12 PM by psychoadept
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Madmaxneo

If you want to use WiFi sync (which is much, much faster than wired) then there are only two Android players capable of reverse syncing - GoneMad and PowerAmp. Psychoadept and I use GoneMad. I don't reverse sync, but he does. I'm sure there are a good number of MB users using each of those players. And of course each will have their own opinion of which is best.

I think that can be set from the Android setting page. Settings > Apps > GoneMAD Music Player > Set as default.

I have been using the default Samsung music player on my phone. Are you referring to the 'GoneMAD' app from Google Play? Right now I see the app itself is only a trial.
Yes, it's offered as a trial for fourteen days. Then you need to purchase it. Or not. The unlocker on the play store is currently $4 USD. Well worth it, IMHO.
Haha, thanks for clearing up the formatting but I was able to read it anyway. As far as default settings, there is no currently way to set the default music player in Android (at least there isn't in 10.1).

I will probably purchase this app once I try it out and see how it works in my car and everything else. I don't do reverse syncing as I tend to have all my music on my computer and anything I purchase is done on there. So all new tracks are on my PC first and then I sync my phone to my PC. The Wifi sync sems to be working quite good now, thanks for the help!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have been using the default Samsung music player on my phone.

I guess the lines of communication got crossed there, oops. Sounds like you're having luck with GMMP now, glad to hear.

...there is no currently way to set the default music player in Android (at least there isn't in 10.1).

No, I don't see one in 9, either. I've never had a conflict with the players, though. GMMP is configured to start playing when it makes a Bluetooth connection, and it always starts once the phone connects in the car. At worst, you might have to turn off a similar feature in the other player.

I don't do reverse syncing as I tend to have all my music on my computer and anything I purchase is done on there. So all new tracks are on my PC first and then I sync my phone to my PC.

Reverse sync captures play counts, ratings, and playlists that changed on the phone since the last wifi sync. It doesn't sync back audio files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

Just an aside - I'd suggest you do a PowerAmp trial version before you pay for GMMP.  Try them both side by side. I used GMMP for a while and liked it but ultimately switched away because it took a very long time for it to load my playlists once they were updated.  I am a big fan of PowerAmp.

Madmaxneo

Just an aside - I'd suggest you do a PowerAmp trial version before you pay for GMMP.  Try them both side by side. I used GMMP for a while and liked it but ultimately switched away because it took a very long time for it to load my playlists once they were updated.  I am a big fan of PowerAmp.

I will look into it. What is it you like about PowerAmp over GMMP?

Madmaxneo

I have been using the default Samsung music player on my phone.

I guess the lines of communication got crossed there, oops. Sounds like you're having luck with GMMP now, glad to hear.

...there is no currently way to set the default music player in Android (at least there isn't in 10.1).

No, I don't see one in 9, either. I've never had a conflict with the players, though. GMMP is configured to start playing when it makes a Bluetooth connection, and it always starts once the phone connects in the car. At worst, you might have to turn off a similar feature in the other player.

I don't do reverse syncing as I tend to have all my music on my computer and anything I purchase is done on there. So all new tracks are on my PC first and then I sync my phone to my PC.

Reverse sync captures play counts, ratings, and playlists that changed on the phone since the last wifi sync. It doesn't sync back audio files.
Oh, that's awesome. I thought it synced audio back.,..lol.  As far as the phone's default music player it has already been giving me issues. GMMP would start playing then maybe a couple minutes later, while I was driving, the Samsung Music player would kick in and shut down GMMP. The only option I have is to uninstall it, which I just did. I never liked the Samsung Music player that much anyway cause it seemed to have issues every single time they updated it....

frankz

Just an aside - I'd suggest you do a PowerAmp trial version before you pay for GMMP.  Try them both side by side. I used GMMP for a while and liked it but ultimately switched away because it took a very long time for it to load my playlists once they were updated.  I am a big fan of PowerAmp.

I will look into it. What is it you like about PowerAmp over GMMP?
Like I said, the main problem with it was that I'd open a playlist after updating it (maybe 1000 tracks) and it would take 4 or 5 minutes before anything would start playing.  I update my playlists a lot - once a day to keep sync with what I've recently heard on my computer install - so it was a problem.

In the end, though, I found PowerAmp very customizable when it came to look and sound output options / sound quality and came to like it more than I liked GMMP (even taking out the long delay factor).