Author Topic: Can't download songs from soundcloud  (Read 4190 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Sure can. Thanks to sveakul.
Search for: Gladkill - Hayling (Gladkill Edit)

Which is found here and downloadable:
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=Gladkill%20-%20Hayling%20(Gladkill%20Edit)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator

sveakul

phred

• Global Moderator
Fixed!  All is back to normal, thanks Steven!
Really? I'm not so sure. Did you check your download folder?

it should be fixed now if you re-download the patch
The download arrow shows on the icon. Yes, the right-click download options are not grayed-out. But when I download to my selected folder a) there is no indication that a download is taking place, and b) there is no download in the selected folder.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

Yes, really! The file I tried after applying the new patch is indeed in my download folder, after choosing "Download Now", and was correctly flagged with the downloadable icon in the results list.  The icon disappears entirely when the download completes.  Could there be a problem with the location of your download folder permissions-wise?  Mine is a folder outside of my portable MB installation but can't see why that would make any difference.  I would be happy to visually document this.  I chose a file DIFFERENT from the Hayling example just to be sure all was OK.

Edit: phred, in your earlier post at https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=33384.msg182547#msg182547 when the icon showed downloadable for all and the test file still was (prior to Steven's first fix attempt), you had the same issue.
Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 12:42:45 AM by sveakul

sveakul

Documented as working correctly in MusicBee 3.4.7610:  First, the empty download folder--

Second, file with downloadable icon selected from search results--

Third, icon disappears after download completes--

Fourth, file indeed appears in download folder (and plays!)--

phred

• Global Moderator
Okay - making some progress and I think I'm homing in on the problem. Right-clicking on the track and selecting 'download now' works. The download icon disappears and for the brief second that it takes to download, there is a down arrow next to the 'arrange panels' icon.

Using any other download option available via the right-click does not work. Not to a folder, inbox, or library. No down arrow, no disappearing icon, no download. I have tried a number of folders, none of which are under MB's root. 'Download Now' does wind up in my Inbox.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

Using any other download option available via the right-click does not work. Not to a folder, inbox, or library. No down arrow, no disappearing icon, no download. I have tried a number of folders, none of which are under MB's root. 'Download Now' does wind up in my Inbox.

phred, the only "Download.." choices I see when I right-click the downloadable Soundcloud file are "Download Now" (which actually performs the download when selected), and "Download  To->", which when expanded provides the means to select where the file should go AFTER the "Dowload Now" is punched--Music Library, Inbox, or a folder selected by the user.  Actually "Download To->" then is just an "options" setup for what will happen whenever you decide to hit "Download Now."  If you already knew that I apologize, but it sounded like you had thought just clicking on "Download To->" was the equivalent of actually starting the download.  It IS a bit ambiguous wording.

phred

• Global Moderator
Actually "Download To->" then is just an "options" setup for what will happen whenever you decide to hit "Download Now."  If you already knew that I apologize, but it sounded like you had thought just clicking on "Download To->" was the equivalent of actually starting the download.  It IS a bit ambiguous wording.
If that's the case (and I'm not saying it isn't) then it's working as designed. But not as how I expected. "Download To" gives the user the -option- as to where to place the download. And yes, the wording is misleading.

@Steven - perhaps the working of the "Download To" should be changed to something like "Download Options." Or "Download to Where?"

Thanks to sveakul for pointing out my misunderstanding of the "options."
Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 04:51:43 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

Good find guys.

Perhaps something like 'Set download location' would be an improvement?

sveakul

@Steven - perhaps the working of the "Download To" should be changed to something like "Download Opt8ions." Or "Download to Where?"

+1 to that, and to what hiccup just posted

phred

• Global Moderator
Set download location
+1
Bingo! I think that would clear things up quite a bit.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki