Author Topic: Can't create or import playlists  (Read 1931 times)

Mr Happymoose

Hi folks. I've just had some hard drive shenanigans and had to re-install MusicBee. For some reason now though I can't import playlists previously created with MB nor can I create new ones. When I try to import one I simply get an error message telling me the playlist failed to import. When I try to create a new playlist I get the following

MusicBee v3.3.7491.38139D  (Win10.0), 28 Oct 2020 14:49:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. [C:\Users\User\Music\MusicBee\Playlists\Playlist.mbp]
   at #=zS7Y8WuQ_KE8x6CT5BEoM5Bg=.#=zL26XO$zXm0_H.#=zZE2uGLo=.#=zuRgFANo6sBXc(#=z88wOfaCGeaMTPyIqug== #=z07bmKgg=, FileMode #=zM36_KYc=, FileAccess #=zdU7zINI=, FileShare #=zzF4tDDk=, Int32 #=zhcfwyBo=, Boolean #=zM3eqlDFD_$dJ)
   at #=zLxtNtIjtLFEnPWf8zUL0Gorgz8aF.#=zuRgFANo6sBXc(#=z88wOfaCGeaMTPyIqug== #=z07bmKgg=, FileMode #=zM36_KYc=, FileAccess #=zdU7zINI=, Int32 #=zhcfwyBo=)
   at #=zQCj9D6gHTkOAMvvVWi$rFgY=.#=z1m$OVIM=(List`1 #=z$kddR$E=)
   at #=z6CKJhZFjyY$N$fMlzZRdJME=.#=ziq638DM$$oieJovRlg==.#=z$YokcBc=(#=zQCj9D6gHTkOAMvvVWi$rFgY= #=zfBeuqtg=, List`1 #=zpcLqZ_wrKu6Q)
   at #=zQCj9D6gHTkOAMvvVWi$rFgY=..ctor(#=z88wOfaCGeaMTPyIqug== #=z07bmKgg=, #=zvfxvezGWk7pjpXyH3duUdJA= #=zSoCe$4w=, List`1 #=zpcLqZ_wrKu6Q)
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=zyoTVZczueeM8.#=znR3e2sc=(#=zvfxvezGWk7pjpXyH3duUdJA= #=zSoCe$4w=, String #=zId08MZ0=, List`1 #=zpcLqZ_wrKu6Q)
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6.#=zyoTVZczueeM8.#=z3LetVn1i$EMQ7IMfrA==(Object #=z9O_irZI=, EventArgs #=zPDFE8Uo=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm on Windows 10 and everything is up to date. Any help would be most gratefully recieved!

Mr Happymoose

Not sure if it's relevant, but on closing down I also get the following error

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can you add or delete files in that folder with your user account? It sounds like you don't have write access.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Mr Happymoose

Can you add or delete files in that folder with your user account? It sounds like you don't have write access.

Yup, just successfully saved and deleted a text fil into that folder.

frankz

Shouldn't mbp playlists in that directory (the playlists folder under the folder where the library is) automatically be in MB?  You shouldn't need to import them.

Seems like your paths got messed up somehow.  Is your library mbl actually in that folder?

Is this a new library since the reinstall or are you opening an old library?

Mr Happymoose

Shouldn't mbp playlists in that directory (the playlists folder under the folder where the library is) automatically be in MB? 

Seems like your paths got messed up somehow.  Is your library mbl actually in that folder?

Not sure so about to check. Interestingly the old playlists are still in the playlist folder within the MB folder. Starting to wonder if I'm still battling some leftovers of the previous install.

frankz

Sorry - I added this while you were replying:

Mr Happymoose

Sorry - I added this while you were replying:

I thought it was a fresh install and therefor a new library. That may not have been the case so I've now uninstalled, deleted the old files and re-installed, just scanning files and setting up now.

Mr Happymoose

Okay, well...I have been tearing my hair out over this all afternoon now and I still don't know what the problem was. The only way I've been able to fix it is to completely uninstall the 'installer' version downloaded from the MB website and install the Microsoft Store version again. That seems to have fixed all the problems I had except for the one I now have whereby the Playlist button is now displayed in the horizontal menu bar as opposed to the left hand panel where I used to have it. I'm sure that's just a tweak in the settings and I'll find it eventually  ;D  ;D  ;D

Like I say, I still don't know what the problem was, but at least I now have a working MB install again.

phred

• Global Moderator
Glad to hear you fixed the problem, but I'd like to point out that the Store version will not receive any patches until a completely new release is issued. The Installer and Portable versions are getting patched a few times a week.

So I suggest that you try the Portable version making sure to place it in it's own directory such as C:\MusicBee.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Ditto what phred says. It sounds like you had the store version previously? I'm not clear on exactly which parts were installed fresh and which were imported from your previous set up, but the problem was probably related to conflicting versions.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Mr Happymoose

Glad to hear you fixed the problem, but I'd like to point out that the Store version will not receive any patches until a completely new release is issued. The Installer and Portable versions are getting patched a few times a week.

So I suggest that you try the Portable version making sure to place it in it's own directory such as C:\MusicBee.

Ditto what phred says. It sounds like you had the store version previously? I'm not clear on exactly which parts were installed fresh and which were imported from your previous set up, but the problem was probably related to conflicting versions.

I might try that at some point as I don't particularly like some of the restrictions that Store installed apps have but then that's Microsoft for you, they know that if you want a Windows system (And for various reasons there's just too many issues with switching to Linux and Apple are even worse than MS) then they have you by the short and curlies. Right now though, I'm just happy to have a working music player on my system again!

phred

• Global Moderator
You can leave the Store version in place while testing the Portable. Then when you decide the Portable is working, you can uninstall the Store.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here