Author Topic: Notification If Adding Duplicate Track To Playing Tracks  (Read 2311 times)

Coogan

It would be helpful to have a 'duplicate notification' pop-up, if I add a track to the Playing Tracks List that is already there.

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

phred

• Global Moderator
That already exists. And has for a good number of years.

How are you adding to the playlist? Typically I drag and drop. And get the warning.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is that true for Playing Tracks, though? Testing now, I can add duplicate tracks there without any interference.
Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:37:30 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Coogan

Is that true for Playing Tracks, though? Testing now, I can add duplicate tracks there without an interference.

That's what I mean.  I get no notification that the track already exists in the Playing Tracks List.
(I'm not talking about Now Playing.)

Coogan
My MusicBee Version:

Zak

• Global Moderator
Just an idea, if this was added...

It might be useful if the message indicated whether the duplicate track being added has already been played, or is queued to be played later.
I'm thinking of scenarios where people use MusicBee to play music at a party say, where adding a track that has been played already might be a deliberate choice, as opposed to inadvertently adding a song that is going to be played eventually anyway and then hearing it twice.

This would be easy to check for normal playback, but might be too complicated in shuffled order.
I don't really know how MusicBee keeps track of what has already been played from the Playing Tracks list to guess.
Bee excellent to each other...

Coogan

Just an idea, if this was added...

It might be useful if the message indicated whether the duplicate track being added has already been played, or is queued to be played later.
I'm thinking of scenarios where people use MusicBee to play music at a party say, where adding a track that has been played already might be a deliberate choice, as opposed to inadvertently adding a song that is going to be played eventually anyway and then hearing it twice.

This would be easy to check for normal playback, but might be too complicated in shuffled order.
I don't really know how MusicBee keeps track of what has already been played from the Playing Tracks list to guess.

That's is an excellent suggestion.
I use MusicBee for live events myself, and it would be helpful to know if the song is already in the list.
Having the option to add it anyways would be a nice touch.
My MusicBee Version:

Steven

• Administrator
For the next v3.4 update, I have added a duplicates warning for the playing tracks list which can be disabled

Coogan

For the next v3.4 update, I have added a duplicates warning for the playing tracks list which can be disabled
Thank you Steven.
I really like the direction you're taking MusicBee.
My MusicBee Version: