Author Topic: "Files element" can´t keep customization in "Set Displayed Fields"  (Read 962 times)

mizta

Hi, I can´t keep customized fields on "Set Displayed Fields" , everytime I click on another folder (in folder browser) or restarting Musicbee, the list update the fields and reverts to same displayed fields at the bottom of the main panel (images below).

I use the portable version, I have tried with the installable version and with the patch, the same thing keeps happening.
I have browsed in the options and in the forum and have not found any option to solve this.
Any help will be appreciated.

My settings.
Musicbee panels configuration:
   Main panel:
      - columns browser
      - files

Clicking on (- files) panel settings i have:
Views configuration:
   Artwork:
      Show the tracks for selected albums
      (at the bottom of the main panel) <- Selected

All overrides are un-selected

mizta

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think you have to switch to Tracks view and make changes for them to stick. Then you can switch back to the albums layout and the bottom panel should reflect the changes.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mizta

I think you have to switch to Tracks view and make changes for them to stick. Then you can switch back to the albums layout and the bottom panel should reflect the changes.

Thanks for rour reply, I have switched to the tracks view and in the tracks view it keeps the custom changes in ''Set Displayed Fields'', but when I return to the Album Covers view the custom settings are lost and back to the one I have shown in picture above.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Changes made to the displayed fields aren't saved when you are viewing by folder.
That may be a bug, or it may be intentional.

The workaround is to select the Music node in the Library panel first (in the top-left of your screenshot), change your displayed fields there, and then go back to viewing by folder.
Bee excellent to each other...

mizta

Changes made to the displayed fields aren't saved when you are viewing by folder.
That may be a bug, or it may be intentional.

The workaround is to select the Music node in the Library panel first (in the top-left of your screenshot), change your displayed fields there, and then go back to viewing by folder.

Many thanks Zak, this tip has solved that 'bug' or 'configuration'.
Tested changing folders or views also restarting the program and now the "Set Displayed Fields" keep personal customization.
Thank you!