Author Topic: Need help in Border Skin of MB 3.x  (Read 5841 times)

aarondiablojones

Hello,

I am new here and new to Music Bee Skinning as well. I am trying to make a theme but I am unable to color the borders. Now, I know that the borders will not be changed by just changing the 'rgb' value of something. As far as I can understand, it has to be done by making border pieces in Photoshop and then encoding it in Base64.

I have done all the above. I made PNG images of proper sizes (using this site for reference - https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Skinning_Elements) and I have used both these two sites for encoding (just to be sure) [Site 1. https://codebeautify.org/image-to-base64-converter.  Site 2 - https://www.opinionatedgeek.com/codecs/base64encoder] my PNG images and then put it in the proper place of the skin but MB just does not start. It throws some exceptions and then nothing.

Please, help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I am new to this and I have managed to get this far. I don't want to give up here.

Here is the total error log -

=============================================================

10/22/2020 12:46:13 PM - Unable to load element: 600796000 - Parameter is not valid.
10/22/2020 12:46:13 PM - Unable to load element: 417864278 - Parameter is not valid.
10/22/2020 12:46:13 PM - Unable to load element: 32512621 - Parameter is not valid.
10/22/2020 12:46:13 PM - Unable to load element: 1247246715 - Parameter is not valid.
10/22/2020 12:46:13 PM - Unable to load element: 1652300762 - Parameter is not valid.
10/22/2020 12:46:13 PM - Unable to load element: 2043008185 - Parameter is not valid.
10/22/2020 12:46:13 PM - Unable to load element: 294702731 - Parameter is not valid.
10/22/2020 12:46:13 PM - Unable to load element: 680370427 - Parameter is not valid.
10/22/2020 12:46:14 PM - 10.0.19041.0 - 3.3.7491.38139D - System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for '#=zRz$jX3vpy1mod7Hj8WbebJo=' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: image
   at System.Drawing.TextureBrush..ctor(Image image, WrapMode wrapMode)
   at #=zRz$jX3vpy1mod7Hj8WbebJo=..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at #=zRz$jX3vpy1mod7Hj8WbebJo=..ctor(Boolean #=zrmb3AA8AvQSPqOrrPA==, Boolean #=zK5P0EuHkgoI_)
   at #=zgUgQa1gfdKrsF5glDLpI6M2jBAX6..ctor()
   at #=zgeY_Na03jtcNMBza84h0RpVbwUy0.Main(String[] args)

======================================================================

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Steven

• Administrator
I can confirm that the failing elements are border bitmaps and i expect the reason is you have not set valid base 64 string values

aarondiablojones

Hello again,

Thank you for the swift reply. I did manage to figure that out eventually. It was an incorrect size of one of the border elements. Basically, the side was (4x4) instead of (4x1). But now, I want to know if I can change the color of "Wavebar" and "Visualizer Spectrum" which I have placed in the right sidebar. I can't find anything regarding this anywhere. Please guide how to do that.

Regards

The Incredible Boom Boom

Hello again,

Thank you for the swift reply. I did manage to figure that out eventually. It was an incorrect size of one of the border elements. Basically, the side was (4x4) instead of (4x1). But now, I want to know if I can change the color of "Wavebar" and "Visualizer Spectrum" which I have placed in the right sidebar. I can't find anything regarding this anywhere. Please guide how to do that.

Regards

Code
// --- SPECTRUM
<element id="Player.SpectrumVisualiser" bg="background" bg2="background" fg="grayMatterDark" fg2="grayMatterLight" bdr="highlighted" />

Code
	// --- SIDEBAR
<element id="PlayerSidebar.Background" bg="background" fg="mainText" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.Control.Default" fg="grayMatterLight" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.Control.Highlight" fg="white" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.Control.Disabled" fg="grayMatterLight" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.ProgressBar" bg="background" bdr="highlighted" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.ProgressButton" fg="invisible" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.TrackPosition" fg="white" />
<!-- <element id="PlayerSidebar.Volume" fg="0,255,0" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.VolumeButton" bg="0,255,0" bg2="0,255,0" fg="0,255,0" />

I think that's what you're looking for.

aarondiablojones

Hello,

The code below helped. The XML file I was editing did not contain this piece of code. So, in short, I now can edit the Player Spectrum Visualiser.  

Code
// --- SPECTRUM
<element id="Player.SpectrumVisualiser" bg="background" bg2="background" fg="grayMatterDark" fg2="grayMatterLight" bdr="highlighted" />

But, I am still not able to access the Wavebar which I have got in my right sidebar.

Code

// --- SIDEBAR
<element id="PlayerSidebar.Background" bg="background" fg="mainText" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.Control.Default" fg="grayMatterLight" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.Control.Highlight" fg="white" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.Control.Disabled" fg="grayMatterLight" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.ProgressBar" bg="background" bdr="highlighted" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.ProgressButton" fg="invisible" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.TrackPosition" fg="white" />
<!-- <element id="PlayerSidebar.Volume" fg="0,255,0" />
<element id="PlayerSidebar.VolumeButton" bg="0,255,0" bg2="0,255,0" fg="0,255,0" />

This code only changes properties of sidebar player and its progress bar, but there seems to be no connection with the Wavebar I am trying to edit. Any other ideas ?

Also, (though it is now not as important) are you aware of any other lines of code related to Player Spectrum Visualiser. Or was that all there is ?

Regards

aarondiablojones

Never mind. Found that out.

I just guessed the element id. which was Player.Wavebar. Since, the XML file I am editing has these lines of code --  

Code

<element id="PlayerFlat.Wavebar" fg="Spectrum-High" fg2="58,58,58" />
<element id="PlayerFlat.Wavebar.Inner" fg="Highlight" fg2="95,95,95" />

So, I just inserted -  

Code

<element id="Player.Wavebar" fg="newcolorcode" fg2="newcolorcode2" />
<element id="Player.Wavebar.Inner" fg="newcolorcode3" fg2="newcolorcode4" />

And that did the trick.

Thanks again to everyone for the replies.

Regards

aarondiablojones

Although, I would still like to know if there are any more modifications I can do to the Player Spectrum Visualiser?

If yes, then I would like to know how and if no then well, I am happy with what I have got now.

Also, since I was too immersed in the hiccups I was having, I really forgot to say this -

I really love MB. I have been using it for the last 4 days. I am still new to it but hats off to you developers. Thanks again for this gift.

Regards