Author Topic: Music Bee will not start, recently installed LyricsReloaded plugin  (Read 849 times)

kireta

Hi

Music Bee will not start, recently installed LyricsReloaded plugin

Error

MusicBee v3.3.7491.38139D  (Win10.0), 21 Oct 2020 21:43:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at CubeIsland.LyricsReloaded.LyricsReloaded.shutdown()
   at CubeIsland.LyricsReloaded.LyricsReloaded.Finalize()

phred

• Global Moderator
The error relates to the LyricsReloaded plugin you recently installed. I don't know exactly what the error is, but if it's preventing MB from starting, go to the plugins directory and delete mb_LyricsReloaded.dll. That should let you start MB.

Was this the first time you launched MB after installing the plugin?

Someone else, either frankz (the plugin developer) or Steven (MB's developer) will have to explain and/or fix the error.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Yeah, I have no idea what that means. Sorry.

UPDATE TO ADD: The problems people generally have are from having more than one copy of the DLL active.  Assuming you got the plugin from the repository here and it's the most recent version and that you installed it correctly, I'm not sure what to suggest other than not using it. Not seen this problem, and the plugin is in wide use (including by me).
Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 04:25:11 AM by frankz

Steven

• Administrator
I am going to make a change to v3.4 so it only loads one instance of the plugin filename even when its in multiple directories

kireta

Based on replies I went to

AppData\Roaming\MusicBee

and saw mb_LyricsReloaded.dll there

I deleted this file and all files related to LyricsReloaded in this folder and then reinstalled mb_LyricsReloaded.dll into C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins folder

Now working

Not sure how exactly I got a copy of mb_LyricsReloaded.dll into AppData\Roaming\MusicBee, but now that it is no longer there, MusicBee is starting fine

Thx for your help :-)

phred

• Global Moderator
Glad to hear you found the issue and all is working well again. Thanks for letting us know.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here