Author Topic: Problem with 'synchronize tags' feature  (Read 1717 times)

wombleywoo

I am having problems with the synchronize tags feature.

I select all the items in my music library, and no matter how many times I scan them for inconsistent tags, and rewrite those tags using the feature, when I re-scan there is always a significant amount of tracks which are again picked up for having inconsistent tags (around 2.5k tracks).

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I don't think that's what synchronize tags does. It's there to fix problems where somehow the database and the files have become mismatched (out of sync), and is like the opposite of rescanning - rather than changing the database to match the files, the files are changed to match the database. At least that's my understanding, someone may correct me.

Inconsistent tags means tags that don't match between tracks in an album. You can just retag the affected files. If you give an example of something that's showing up as inconsistent, maybe we can offer more advice.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

wombleywoo

Thanks for the welcome! I'm loving MusicBee.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my original post, but what you describe as the function of synchronise tags is exactly what I want to do. My MusicBee library data is exactly what I want it to be (after I imported the iTunes XML). What I want to do is write the tags in MusicBee's database to the FLAC and MP3 files themselves.

When I do this, I always have 2.6k tracks which are stubborn. They will show up again as having inconsistent tags if I launch the 'synchronise files' feature again.

Thanks for your help!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Ok, hmm. I haven't used the feature a whole lot but you're saying when you run "synchronize tags" it always reports about 2500 updates?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Synchronise Tags writes the cached database values to the selected files.
Did you actually check the tag values in some of the files - the function should work eg. using the Tag Inspector available from the Tag Editor or mp3Tag to check the tag values in the files