Author Topic: Now Playing to External Files  (Read 113341 times)

lichtlaerm

p.s. just for the record: all my plugins have "backup download" link to google drive (which worked fine in this case) at the end of the plugin description.

Thanks! I missed this and then immediately noticed it afterwards.

Another issue has popped up though. Most of the time the lyrics.txt file is not written, even when I have lyrics displayed on MusicBee. If I stop the song and play it again the lyrics load, but they fail to load again as soon as I switch to the next song. I'm accessing the file as soon as its created by OBS Studio to get the lyrics on stream, but the file gets deleted and never created again due to this interaction. I don't have this error with the regular Tags.txt file (may be because of length? some shorter songs are apparently more consistent but I'm not positive). Could also be that retrieving lyrics online makes the local function timeout because it doesn't resolve instantly?

I might be able to get something working from OBS Studio side since I did get an async image source plugin a while ago to deal with something similar with images, but there is nothing developed yet for text. Any ideas?
Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 01:20:38 AM by lichtlaerm

boroda

i have no experience in using obs studio, but as far as i understand, you are saying about audio streams in general? if so, could you provide the publically available link to some music stream with lyrics, so i could test the plugin for streams?

lichtlaerm

i have no experience in using obs studio, but as far as i understand, you are saying about audio streams in general? if so, could you provide the publically available link to some music stream with lyrics, so i could test the plugin for streams?

I managed to get a workaround to my issue, just pre-download the lyrics for all my library. The problem is that the lyrics are not pre-loaded (or any change happens to the tags/art for that matter) the plugin doesn't write the files.

But now I have a separate issue: I reinstalled MusicBee as portable (was using the Windows installer version for some godforsaken reason and it was causing issues when trying to remove plugins), copied all configurations but now I can't use neither <TAB> or <CR><LF> to get linebreaks to work. I remember having to fiddle with this a bit before the linebreaks actually worked, but now I'm stuck... Any ideas?

boroda

not looking at the code, try to use lowercased <tab> or <cr><lf>. i'll look at this tomorrow.

lichtlaerm

not looking at the code, try to use lowercased <tab> or <cr><lf>. i'll look at this tomorrow.

Yep, that was it lol. Thanks!