Author Topic: MusicBee not copying all selected playlist when synced to android  (Read 1848 times)

Oshizlgzngahr

(Using MusicBee v3.3.7491)

Hi All,

I'm having a problem wherein I'm trying to sync my music to an android phone (a Moto X4 specifically), and I'm using the playlist sync selection to sync only the playlists I want and the corresponding tracks instead of the whole library.

The problem is that once the sync is completed all the music is present on my device but only a random handful of the playlist files have been copied along with them, despite the sync log saying everything has been copied without any error messages.

I've tried adjusting the settings, putting my phone in debug mode, removing and re-adding my device and a number of other fixes to no effect. Anytime I sync, it tries to copy all of the playlists, says it does, but it's still only a few with the rest missing.

I've tried looking here on the forum to find answers but I haven't been able to find a post describing my exact problem or another solution that's worked so far.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated, thanks!

frankz

Are they truly not synching (you look at the phone storage folder view in Windows Explorer or your phone's file manager and the playlist files are not there), or are these playlists just not being seen by whatever (unspecified) music program you're using on your phone?

Oshizlgzngahr

Are they truly not synching (you look at the phone storage folder view in Windows Explorer or your phone's file manager and the playlist files are not there), or are these playlists just not being seen by whatever (unspecified) music program you're using on your phone?

Thanks for your reply!

I checked the location on my SD Card where the files should be located both via my laptop and the phone's file explorer and the files aren't present.

Additionally, I also just found out about the MusicBee Wifi Sync app earlier today; so I tried that and all of the playlists were copied correctly per my sync settings. So this issue seems to occur exclusively with when I sync my device via USB connection.