Author Topic: Um... What?  (Read 1159 times)

CountryGirl515

I don't know what setting I changed or need to change but it wasn't doing this before.

When I opened musicbee today it showed me all sorts of weird stuff. So I figured out how to close the tabs now I want to see my files like in this first screen shot. Sort of like it would look in file manager on windows.

However when I click on a song it takes me to this other panel where it shows all artists and then the specific artist. I don't want it to do that. I want it to stay on the file manager style list. How do I make it do that?

[MOD: replaced image]
Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 05:08:36 PM by psychoadept

CountryGirl515

Sorry. Correct image for 2nd screen shot:

https://i.imgur.com/Dn8HRFR.png

[MOD: replaced image above and hid this one]
Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 05:09:26 PM by psychoadept

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

From your screen shot, it doesn't look like your view has changed, the left panel is just hidden. Does it open again if you mouse over the left side of the window? You should be able to click a pin icon at the top to keep it there.

The list of artists is the thumbnail browser, which you can remove using the layout settings next to the search box.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

CountryGirl515

no pin. What's in  the left pane changes from the list of artist folders to the "all artist / artist name" screen. If that makes sense. So the left panel is still there, it just does something I don't want it to do.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you see the drop shadow around the panel in the first screenshot? That means it's a panel in auto-hide mode, and it's just covering up the thumbnail browser temporarily. What do you see if you scroll to the top of it? If that's not the navigator panel (with Music, etc at the top) you'll need to get into your layout settings (again, next to the search box) to figure out exactly what it is and how to reconfigure it.

For reference: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/The_Anatomy_of_MusicBee
Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 07:26:24 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

CountryGirl515

That finally got it through my thick scull.  ;D Thank You!! ::)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad you figured it out!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)