Author Topic: Custom Tags of type enumerated in video files  (Read 987 times)

Loka

I have a custom tag of type enumerated. When i select a video file and enter a new value for that tag, this new value will not appear in the drop-down. Only when i select a music file and enter it, it will shows up in both, video and music files.

bpirate

Bump. Just encountered this as well in build 3.5.8698 P

Dropdown list for custom tags of enumerated type will only contain values that were entered in Music section.

Would be great to either have unique values for each section, or make it so values from both section are added to the list.

Steven

• Administrator
Dropdown list for custom tags of enumerated type will only contain values that were entered in Music section.
yes thats right

bpirate

Is it?

Suppose I've defined new custom tag of enumerated type, that is only related to videos. Like "Music video type: Live performance / Official music video / Cover / Interview / etc".

In order to use it properly, i now have to go to Music section, select one of the tracks, and set this unrelated video tag for a song (or, better yet - add all possible values to one song). I must also not forget not to delete said track / unset the tag, add new possible values to it when they are needed in video section and to remember the name of this track.

Sorry to argue with you on this. Don't want to sound rude. Would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work on MusicBee. I've been using this app for over a decade and it is one of the best pieces of software I've ever seen.

The Incredible Boom Boom

@bpirate, you could ask for this post to be moved to the Wishlist board.
I would +1 it as I have been considering using a separate MB portable instance as a video database.