Author Topic: No sound output [SOLVED]  (Read 2759 times)

helpmeplz

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon.  Yesterday, I went to go resume some paused music in MusicBee and, although the song appears to be playing (timer is moving, I can skip songs, etc.) there is no sound output.  I have tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling MusicBee (both the Windows store app version, and the downloadable version from the website), and choosing every option in both the "Output" and "Sound Device" options in the Player section of my Preferences...still nothing.  All other sound on the computer appears to be working fine; it's just MusicBee that is the problem.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated, as I really like MusicBee and would prefer to not have to find a new music player.  Thanks!
Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:21:16 PM by helpmeplz

helpmeplz

Oh, and the volume bar is not set to zero...I saw that was a problem in a few of the older threads with the same question.

helpmeplz

I was able to solve this on my own.  For future reference in case anybody finds this from Google with the same problem, MusicBee had somehow gotten muted in my Windows 10 sound settings.  You can change this from the "App volume and device preferences" page in settings.

bl4ckck

Try to disable the equalizer, I have a custom preset and that's not working anymore (no audio), but the default preset still working.