Author Topic: Individual display of tracks in the "albums" display preset  (Read 2275 times)

Carfamellow

In the main panel, I have selected the "albums" display preset. Chose a grouping by artist. In the "panel settings" I chose "show tracks of the selected album to the right of the main panel".
As a result, I have the following: Under the first letter of the artist's name, a grid of a list of all tracks from all his albums is displayed. If I select "title" in the "tags appearing below the covers", the title of this track will be displayed. In "show tracks of the selected album to the right of the main panel" I have one track displayed.
I need to achieve a result in which albums will be displayed in the grid under the first letter of the grouping, and the tracks of the album that I have selected will be displayed in the panel on the right (it seems to be called "compositions").
How to do it?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If I select "title" in the "tags appearing below the covers", the title of this track will be displayed. In "show tracks of the selected album to the right of the main panel" I have one track displayed.

*If* I understand correctly, you need to change Title to Album. Title refers to a track, which is probably why you're only seeing one track.

If that doesn't help, please post a screenshot.

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Carfamellow

I do not understand what are you talking about.
I removed the display of the track title in the panel settings. The grid is now populated with repeating artist, album, and cover information.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Then please post a screenshot of what you're seeing that isn't right.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)

Carfamellow

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Does that change of you don't have tracks shown on the right? I wouldn't expect it to.

In any case, I suggest you try the steps given here: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_are_tracks_from_the_same_album_shown_separately_in_my_library.3F
MusicBee Wiki

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)

Carfamellow

The article did not help me. The tags are correct. Sorting and grouping changed - does not help.
This problem applies to my entire music library.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Ok. Please share screenshots of your sorting/grouping preferences, and the tag editor when you have all tracks from one of the albums selected. Are you sorting by artist as well as grouping?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)

Carfamellow

The central window mode is "Albums". In the left window, I group by genre and sort by artist. In the center window I am grouping "by grouping" and sorting by track number in the album. In the tag window, the "Artist" fields, "Album Artist" and "Album" have the same meaning, "Title" is Mixed, "track" has a dash (-).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's what I would expect for title and track#. You say you're sorting by track#? That should happen automatically if you sort by Album.

Is the left panel you're talking about shown in your screenshot? It shouldn't matter much here, though.

A key question, which you haven't answered, is what fields define an album in Sorting/grouping preferences?
Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 09:59:53 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest patches (3.5/3.6)

Carfamellow

At this point I have set sorting by "album" and grouping by "album". No matter what sorting and grouping parameters I set, nothing changes, the same individual display of tracks instead of albums.

is what fields define an album in Sorting/grouping preferences?
I do not understand what are you talking about. Did I talk about them in the paragraph above?

Carfamellow

Most likely the matter is in some kind of setting. There are no such problems on the newly installed version.
Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 07:57:49 PM by Carfamellow

Zak

• Global Moderator
psychoadept is asking about:

Edit > Edit Preferences > Sorting/Grouping

What do you have specified under the following fields define an album?

I can replicate something like what you're seeing by adding a field that is different for each track, like Title.
So make sure you only have album specific tags there otherwise MusicBee will see every track as a different album.
Bee excellent to each other...