Author Topic: syncing playlists creates duplicate tracks on device  (Read 1624 times)

Marukomu

I've seen a couple of posts on this topic and tried out the potential solutions but am still having this issue.

I am syncing my music and playlists from MB to a Sony A45 walkman. The issue I'm having is that the tracks in the playlists are showing up twice on the device. Here are my sync settings (sorry, am struggling a bit getting my screenshot to display properly):

https://i.imgur.com/URtbExc.png

I've tried clearing the whole device and syncing from scratch with the above settings but am still getting the duplicates.

Thanks.

frankz

What version is that? I don't have that "path prefix for tracks" box, which makes me think you are not on a recent version.  Synching has been worked on and improved in the recent past, you should update and see if that fixes it.

Also, there's a setting for "delete files that are not on the auto-sync list..." at the top, and you should make sure that's checked.

Marukomu

I'm on version 3.3.7261 so pretty recent. I can try downloading the latest version though.

I've now checked the "delete files that are not on the auto-sync list..." option at the top. Let me resync with the new version and see what happens.

phred

• Global Moderator
7261 is about a year old. All you need to do is download and install the patch in my sig. Your choice 3.3 or 3.4, which is very, very stable for a beta. Many of us are using it exclusively at this point.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Marukomu

OK, have now installed the latest version and ticked that box and it works a treat. Thanks so much!

phred

• Global Moderator
With the number of updates Steven puts out, no one should wait a year before updating. It's also a good idea to update to the latest patch when you see odd or buggy behavior because it may already have been addressed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here