Author Topic: "Lock layout" - layouts reseting if MB window size changes  (Read 1410 times)

please55

Hello.

Thank you for adding the 'lock layout' option under Layout (1) in Preferences (hope something similar comes up for column headers in the future :) ).

However, when I resize Musicbee, the panels reset to another size. This is especially unfortunate when accidentally resizing the window.

As an example, I have album art in the right main panel taking up half the screen. MB resizes layout when the window isn't maximized. However, when I re-maximize MB, original layout is forgotten and panel is back to about 1/4 its size.

Is this a bug or should I try something else?

please55

Preview - Click for Video

I made a gif to illustrate what's going on. Now I implicitly understand the option found in Layout (1) to fix the layout is probably intented to help avoid unintended dragging by the user.

Is there a way for MB to remember layout when its no longer maximized or is that more complicated than it sounds?
Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 06:55:35 PM by please55

please55

I decided to try a completely new install and I noticed the behaviour went away, MB wouldn't adjust panel width anymore as in the clip (up to a certain point but it would default to a maximum width roughly half the screen).

I'll eventually try to recreate and reapply all my settings on the new install. If I notice the issue again, I'll update this thread and try to pinpoint what's triggering it. That could take a while though.
Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 05:32:18 PM by please55