Author Topic: Desire to Modify Behavior of Previous Track & Next Track Buttons  (Read 877 times)

RoyBeeGood

Hello,

Is it possible to to modify the behavior of the Previous Track & Next Track buttons?

I would prefer to have the option to use them to go to the beginning or the end of the current track and then stay there with play paused.

I have examined all the setting options and if there's an easy way to do this, I've missed it.

Thanks very much.

Best regards,
RoyBeeGood

hiccup

Is it possible to to modify the behavior of the Previous Track & Next Track buttons?
I would prefer to have the option to use them to go to the beginning or the end of the current track and then stay there with play paused.

Welcome to the forum RoyBeeGood.

The first can be done by pressing stop, and then press play.
The second can be done by pressing stop (or pause), and then press next.

Is that not working to satisfaction for you?

RoyBeeGood

I've never tried those combinations.  I'll try them and get back to you.  Thanks.

I was hoping for a way to modify the key behavior.  Is that unavailable?

hiccup

I've never tried those combinations.  I'll try them and get back to you.  Thanks.

I was hoping for a way to modify the key behavior.  Is that unavailable?

I am pretty sure you can't change that.
The player controls perform one single action, and I feel that they should.
You are pretty much asking it to perform a sequence of two actions.

And even it it could be done, it wouldn't save you a single keystroke compared to what I suggested.
[Stop]-[Play] vs. [Previous]-[Play]
[Stop]-[Next] vs. [Next]-[Play]

Perhaps you could achieve something more to your liking using AHK? (AutoHotKey)
But I really don't see any practical advantage.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Changing the behaviour of the Next and Previous buttons to be contrary to every other media player and device isn't likely to get much support.
In what scenario are you using MusicBee that you need these options? There are probably other, more intuitive ways to achieve your desired result.
Bee excellent to each other...

please55

I believe you can use x mouse button controls (a separate app) to string keybinds to one mouse press. That might be worthwhile for you.