Author Topic: Play Only The Disc  (Read 1763 times)

musicbeefan99

Should add a button that says 'Clear list and play disc only'. A lot of albums have a second disc with live shit and bonus tracks that ends up getting inadvertently played

[MOD: standardized image and font size]
Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 09:04:23 PM by psychoadept

The Incredible Boom Boom

While I understand the request, it seems like unnecessary programming effort to go through when the end user can simply double click directly on whichever disc they wish to play.

phred

• Global Moderator
While I understand the request, it seems like unnecessary programming effort to go through when the end user can simply double click directly on whichever disc they wish to play.
I agree.

Or the OP can simply select the tracks on the disk you want to play and go from there.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

I also don't agree "it should be" an option in the general preferences panel.

Perhaps it could be a right-click option when selecting an album, something like 'play first disc from album'.

musicbeefan99

While I understand the request, it seems like unnecessary programming effort to go through

Lol dude if you knew anything about programming you'd know it would take him less than 1 minute to implement this tops.

Anyways, I suppose understand why others may view it as an unnecessary addition.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Lol dude if you knew anything about programming you'd know it would take him less than 1 minute to implement this tops.
For your set up perhaps, but remember anything Steven implements has to work for all MusicBee users which is where the extra work comes from.

It would also require users to have tagged their multi-disc albums correctly.
Otherwise it becomes a point of confusion because it would function the same as the existing Play album only option.

Depending on which view you're using this can already be achieved by displaying a sub-heading based on the disc number and using that to initiate the playback.
You could also set up a custom tag for the extra tracks in case the album isn't a neat disc-by-disc split between album tracks and bonus tracks.
Bee excellent to each other...

The Incredible Boom Boom

Code
return (user == musicbeefan99 ? "Douchey blubbering to reasonable statement" : "How can I accomplish this result more easily?");

Depending on which view you're using this can already be achieved by displaying a sub-heading based on the disc number and using that to initiate the playback.

Takes about half a second too. Looks like our solution's run time clobbers his proposed solution's.

rfyuz

If you have discs visible (which I suppose would be a pre-requisite) you can simply double click the disc header ("Disc 1") and MusicBee will only queue the disc. Works for myself every time, both in Album Covers view and Album + tracks.
Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 07:49:35 AM by rfyuz