Author Topic: Suggestions for self-edited lyrics! (Please)  (Read 3749 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Will the issue above get fixed on the 3.4 release? Sorry for being annoying, but the only problem right now seems to be that the first tagged line never gets highlighted, thats it
The patches that Steven has been posting -are- for 3.4. Granted it's not fixed the way you want it to be at this point. But if Steven gets it fixed it will be in 3.4. If he can't get it fixed, what he's done so far will be in 3.4 as it does seem to be better than when you initially asked.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

heyman111

Will the issue above get fixed on the 3.4 release? Sorry for being annoying, but the only problem right now seems to be that the first tagged line never gets highlighted, thats it
Granted it's not fixed the way you want it to be at this point.

The thing I'm trying to say is that it's worse than it was previously because everyone's first line in their lyrics file will never get highlighted. So it's neither the way the users (not just me as you claim) wanted here in this thread, nor is it better than it was before the patch. The first line, no matter what timestamp, will never get highlighted. It's literally a bug.

I'd just revert to as how it was before this patch if there's no interest to fix it.
Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 09:58:29 PM by biggy_wayn

phred

• Global Moderator
I'd just revert to as how it was before this patch if there's no interest to fix it.
How can you say there's no interest to fix it?? Steven tried at least four times. You need to remember that MB is developed by one person. There's no "organization" behind it. One person who does this in his spare time and is asking for nothing in return. And it's safe to assume this is not the only MB issue he's working on.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

heyman111

How can you say there's no interest to fix it?? Steven tried at least four times. You need to remember that MB is developed by one person. There's no "organization" behind it. One person who does this in his spare time and is asking for nothing in return. And it's safe to assume this is not the only MB issue he's working on.

My apologies, I shouldn't have come across that way. I rely on lyrics a lot, and it's one of the main reasons I switched to MB. Your post came across as an authoritative message that this wouldn't be addressed anymore.

phred

• Global Moderator
Your post came across as an authoritative message that this wouldn't be addressed anymore.
I have no intention of speaking for Steven. It's up to him to address this further. Or not. I was simply trying to point out that he's put time into this already as a counterpoint to your stating it should return to how it was before "if there's no interest to fix it."

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki