Author Topic: How to turn off song autoplay when I click on "Next song" button?  (Read 2166 times)

crbn

Hello.

I just have a quick question. How do I turn off song autoplay when I click on "Next song" button? This has been bothering me quite a lot.

Thanks.

Zak

• Global Moderator
What is "song autoplay"?
Do you want the Next button to do something other than play the next song?  :-\
Bee excellent to each other...

crbn

I'd like it to skip to the next song without starting playing it, like it was in iTunes, if possible. If I want to play it, I will press "Play" button.

Zak

• Global Moderator
I'd like it to skip to the next song without starting playing it

See, I don't really understand what this means, because they seem mutually exclusive.
Skipping to the next song without playing it isn't skipping to the next song. It's just stopping.

Having stopped, if you later didn't want playback to restart from where it was before, click the Next button instead to start playback from the next song.

This sounds like the same result to me, but I've never used iTunes to compare it to, so maybe I'm missing some obvious scenario where the difference matters.
Someone with iTunes knowledge might be able to suggest a better alternative, though it's possible the differences in how MusicBee and iTunes handles play queues means there is no equivalent.  :-\
Bee excellent to each other...

kencbrown

I have almost same question, I want to play one song in the play list and have MusicBee stop, then only play when I click on next or double click next item in playlist.
There is a Stop after Current in options, but you have to set it each time.
We are using this in church for playing the choir accompaniments and most of the time the songs are separated by something else. And as happens, the next song starts before we realize we didn't stop the player. Not cool when a prayer starts and trumpets start blaring.

Thanks
kenb

sveakul

I want to play one song in the play list and have MusicBee stop, then only play when I click on next or double click next item in playlist.

Preferences-->Now Playing-->playing tracks list-->'Play Now' action-->clear list and play selected tracks only