Author Topic: virus in MusicBee_Setup_3_4_7586.zip?  (Read 1888 times)

corion

hello,
I tried to download the latest version of MB, but MS Defender cancelled it, because of TROJAN !!
am I the only one in this case ?

Steven

• Administrator
I use windows defender myself as i expect many people do and had no issues. Usually its the bass dll files that cause this false positive due to the way the bass developer compresses the files.

krilok

Same issue here; windows defender flags the latest update as a virus... First time this has ever happened to me, though.

Edit: disabling windows defender and trying to install the update doesn't seem to work either, since the installer throws constant file writing errors...

Edit 2: managed to install the update. Seems that MB did not close fully when i clicked the player's close button, and was still kept running in the background. Had to fully close it using Windows task manager before the installer worked...
Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 04:24:44 PM by krilok

phred

• Global Moderator
Be sure to whitelist the entire MB directory in Defender so it doesn't happen again.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Kempec

:o the latest release file of MusicBee 3.4.7586 has TrojanCryptInject in it. Trojan was detected
by Windows Defender on Windows 10.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
See also: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21128.0

It's been a recurring theme for MusicBee to get false positives, but as long as you're getting it from this website it's just that, a false positive.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Kempec

Well Windows Defender won't let it through. So how do you I/we let it through?

frankz

The answer is the the post directly above your initial post

Be sure to whitelist the entire MB directory in Defender so it doesn't happen again.