Author Topic: What layout is this?  (Read 2023 times)

please55

Any idea what element is at the bottom of the image (the one with the image on left and right and spans width of main panel)? I thought it might be the 'Now Playing Bar' but I don't think so. The track info seems to suggest its the 'Track Information' element but you can't put that in the main panel.

---------------

How does he get the track list to reflow into multiple columns? In mine, I just get two very long columns that I have to scroll.  Is there a way to tweak the album art reflection?

Sorry if there's a sticky for this kind of stuff. I didn't want to post questions in SS thread.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The answer to your first question is the Now Playing Bar: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Track_Specific_Elements#Now_Playing_Bar

To your second question, I don't think you can change the reflection but you can change what side the art is on. I tested just now and got three columns when there was enough room.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

please55

The answer to your first question is the Now Playing Bar: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Track_Specific_Elements#Now_Playing_Bar

Thanks Psycho.  I swear I'm going senile. I looked at that wiki page too before posting and didn't figure it out.  The only thing tripping me up is that he has the bar confined to just the main panel, stopping where the right side bar/panel starts.

If I add the Now Playing Bar, its spans the entire length of the app, obscuring part of the right panel.  Is that your experience too?

sig.ovia

What he appears to have is nothing displayed in the Left and Right main panels. The Navigation tree is in the left sidebar and the tracks/lyrics/bio are in the right sidebar. These panels show full height. He has placed the Now Playing bar in the main panel under 'files' which makes it appear shorter length in this format. The minute you add something into either the left or right main panels the shape will change.

Hope this helps.

please55

What he appears to have is nothing displayed in the Left and Right main panels. The Navigation tree is in the left sidebar and the tracks/lyrics/bio are in the right sidebar. These panels show full height. He has placed the Now Playing bar in the main panel under 'files' which makes it appear shorter length in this format. The minute you add something into either the left or right main panels the shape will change.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, this is correct.