Author Topic: Video Support  (Read 3787 times)

Loka

I am aware that this topic has been discussed already and that the focus is on music. But increasingly music is consumed as videos (e.g. Youtube). So it would make some sense to have a little bit more support for video files.

I am not proposing to integrate a video player, calling an external player like VLC is just fine. The main problem that i encounter is:

It seems not to be possible to search or filter files stored in the Video node. On the other hand, if i put the video files into the Music node, VLC is not called but the file is played as a music file.

May i propose to just extend the search feature to videos? Or have some option to tag a file to be played by the external player? I would hope that is not too much work to do?

Otherwise, this is wonderful tool, so many thanks for developing it

Steven

• Administrator
It seems not to be possible to search or filter files stored in the Video node. On the other hand, if i put the video files into the Music node, VLC is not called but the file is played as a music file.
I am not aware of any restrictions and trying now using the text search box, searching and filtering works fine.
Can you provide step by step instructions as to how its not working or record a video?

Loka

Hi Steven,

thanks for the quick reply. I think i found the problem. I selected "Entire Library", that seems not to work. When i change to "Local node" it works fine. However, is still cannot create a filter for the video node, there is no entry in the right-click pop-up.

Another, smaller problem: when i add a new tag value to a video file (in a custom tag field of type "enumerated"), that value will not appear in the selection list of that tag field, when i add it to the the same tag field in a music file, it will appear in the selection list of both file types.

Loka

@stardepp: not really an answer to my question

Steven

• Administrator
However, is still cannot create a filter for the video node, there is no entry in the right-click pop-up.
I dont understand this comment

Loka

Sorry, i try to to explain: ]In the Library Explorer, when i right click on "Music"-node, i get a pop-up menu with 3 items, one of them beeing "Filters".

When i right-click on "Video"-node i get a pop-up with only one item "Open in new Tab". "Filter" item is missing.

Hope that makes it clear.
Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 10:07:27 AM by Loka

Loka

Sorry, my last post was poorly formatted. Fixed it, see above

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Filters have always only been available for the Music node, but +1 for making them available for all nodes
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)