Author Topic: A few bugs: wavebar, combined selected tracks ratings, original year, visuals  (Read 457 times)

musicbee_user

I've noticed a few bugs and compiled them into this list here, some bigger than others.

1. COMBINED SELECTED TRACKS RATING
I've noticed that in version 3.5.8 you've taken each track play count for an album and combined them into a total playcount when using DETAILS in SELECTED TRACKS mode, so half the problem is solved but not the other. When selecting an album itself and rating it with the "show track rating" it will bug out the first track and the track name, track number, and time will be screwed (it will add all the tracks and show the total album time)
Example: picking track (album) rating

RESULT: (sorry for differing albums)

The track itself is not damaged

my proposed solution is when selecting multiple tracks or an album in general it should change the album rating if possible, unless you can find some way to differentiate when selecting the entire album vs. multiple tracks (to change multiple track ratings at the same time (idk the intricacies of musicbee so you guys know better ofc))

2. SORTING BY ORIGINAL YEAR
I enjoy sorting by original year for a few reasons:
I. i give original years to classical music albums by the composition date so i can see how music starts from the beginning to current year and
II. i have remasters/album releases that came out later as reissues and i label the year as the year they were released, and the original year as the initial year the album was released
The problem is that when sorting by original year, the dates will show in the header bar properly, but clicking them doesn't work properly, it seems to be redirecting to albums with the actual "year" property instead of that original year (and certain years just don't register at all re: the classical music thing)
I can't really show the issue via a screenshot but here's the best i can do. clicking 1990 gives me an album that original year is 1988 (actual year 1994)

3. Wavebar
This is a visual glitch, when switching tracks the wavebar will start as a big coloured in bar and then emerge as the wave pattern. Unfortunately when switching tracks 'residue' from the initial filled bar will stay until switching panes or right clicking and changing the height
ORIGINAL:

CHANGING TRACK:

This seems to disappear after a certain height (like 23px+), but either I was inattentive before and didn't notice this, or it wasn't an issue before and has started now. It could also be a skin issue (I'm using Bee78) but I'm unsure and scared changing my skin will screw all my settings up. My wavebar height is 20 and is placed at the bottom of musicbee

4. Visual bug (close mark on album view)

This one explains itself. The button used to be there pre 3.5 but it seems to be gone now (intentional?)

Steven

• Administrator
i can reproduce all the issues - this fixes them all
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

for 1, it now track rates each selected file