Author Topic: Musicbee on SSD. Files on HDD  (Read 1288 times)

PROblem

Hi all!
Ive musicbee for a couple of year, but I still dont know how to organize my files and folders.
Ive been looking here, on the wiki and reddit, so, I hope u could help me

I already got an installation of musicbee, on external hdd. Application, library and files are all on the same place.

I want to get the files on the same place, but the application and library on the ssd.

What is the method to do that?

Thanks!

kstingel

Quick and easy way ... ok, maybe a little involved, but still the cleanest way I can think of

disconnect your external HDD
install MB to SSD
create a new library in the SDD MB install
shut down MB
reconnect External Drive
navigate to your Library on HDD - where the Music is stored, not the database

Open SDD installation of MB
scan the HDD Music Library into Inbox
check for duplicates and perform any tidy up
send the imported music to your new library

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Note that MusicBee offers a few ways to backup and restore settings. You can also import your old .mbl file into your new installation (overwriting newly created .mbl), and you won't even have to rescan everything. Unless the audio files have moved, MusicBee doesn't care where the library file is.

See also (though it doesn't cover some of the current, simpler methods): https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

PROblem

Note that MusicBee offers a few ways to backup and restore settings. You can also import your old .mbl file into your new installation (overwriting newly created .mbl), and you won't even have to rescan everything. Unless the audio files have moved, MusicBee doesn't care where the library file is.

See also (though it doesn't cover some of the current, simpler methods): https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore

Thanks for that link. It really help me out!