Author Topic: "Stop After Current" on the Context Menu for Taskbar Icon  (Read 2152 times)

roberestarkk

Howdy!

I love using MusicBee to play my music, however I almost never use anything on the context menu for the taskbar icon.

Play, Stop, Next, Volume, etc. are all handled by media keys on my keyboard. Which is great! No complaints there...

The one thing that'd turn me around completely though, is if it had 'Stop after current' on it.

I would love to be able to tell MB to stop after the current song without having to open the main window, right click the progress-bar-section-bit, select 'Stop After Current' from there, and re-minimise to system tray (which admittedly may not be the quickest/easiest way, but is the quickest/easiest way I know, short of finding a global shortcut without any conflicts and remembering it which I've just uncovered a shorter alternative to while writing this up, which is to create a local shortcut for it, and use that shortcut while the context menu is open. Which works great, but alas doesn't give me a prompt or feedback, so I'll need to retrain myself the hard way).
Using the main window to do it can get especially painful with two screens, as I can never quite remember which screen it was last open on.

Having 'Stop After Current' just... Be right there in the context menu, would be a vast and much appreciated QoL improvement (for myself and probably others I'd imagine?).

Also as an FYI (also only really noticed during the testing for this writeup), the context menu always appears on my main monitor, regardless of which system tray I triggered it from.
Admittedly I do use DisplayFusion to emulate a system tray on my other monitor (since Microsoft couldn't possibly imagine a need for such an absurd concept as seeing at-a-glance information on the monitor(s) that don't typically have fullscreen applications on them 🙄 ), so I don't necessarily expect that to work flawlessly, and plenty of other applications don't... But many do, so it's possible at least, and would be a nice to have if/when I can start Stopping After Current with it.

Cheers

ThY

...but alas doesn't give me a prompt or feedback, so I'll need to retrain myself the hard way

I especially feel you on this part.
I mostly play my music on compact mode, and i use a lot "Stop after current" to... stop playing music.
But i'm right like you and never know truly if the command has been sent, because there is no visual feedback.

The only way i have is to click on the "cog" button at bottom right, which destroy the purpose of a shortcut (wich sometimes fail to send with my mouse)

My proposed solution for this would be to put the stop button on the compact player controls bar (on the bottom on my screenshots), like in the "main player view".
When "Stop after current" is enabled, change the appearance of the stop button (changing is color to red, or changing the icon).

hiccup

+1

What can also be an interesting option is using AutoHotkey to create a custom system tray icon and menu for MusicBee.
That can look like this:

It allows you to add any MusicBee function that is available for a global hotkey to its menu.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Having 'Stop After Current' just... Be right there in the context menu, would be a vast and much appreciated QoL improvement (for myself and probably others I'd imagine?).

+1

Steven

• Administrator
For v3.6 I have added "Stop after Current" to the notification tray menu