Author Topic: Theater Mode Displaying Wrong Lyrics  (Read 2200 times)

schristopher

When I have it displaying Theater Mode, the lyrics are incorrect.  Here are a couple of screen shots.

Gotta Feel More playing, but displaying I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore  (REO Speedwagon)
and
When It's Gone playing, but displaying It's Gonna Take Some Time This Time  (Carpenters)

https://imgur.com/a/MJ0cMlX

is this a bug, or is it just a problem finding the lyrics online?

Thanks!!!

phred

• Global Moderator
is this a bug, or is it just a problem finding the lyrics online?
Not likely to be a bug since no one else has brought up this issue.

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)

Try reordering the lyric providers: Settings > Tags (2) > auto-tagging > lyrics.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

schristopher

MusicBee Version 3.4.7547

It was installed with installer from the website.  I had to uninstall and reinstall because I originally installed it from the Microsoft store, and they have an older version, and it wouldn't let me upgrade to the latest version.

I think it is just a search thing... it's been playing for while now, and it seems to be displaying the correct lyrics.

phred

• Global Moderator
Glad to hear the it seems to be working now. But do check the ordering of the providers. You may find some work better than others and you should have those near the top of the list.

Regarding the Store version, patches can't be applied and it only gets updated when Steven issues a new release, or discovers and fixes a truly major bug. For the most part, you're better off with the Installer or Portable versions.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

schristopher:  If the problem happens again you can try flushing the lyrics cache using the batch file posted here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29365.msg163645#msg163645 .  If you're still using the Store version though this may not work.

frankz

schristopher

Glad to hear the it seems to be working now. But do check the ordering of the providers. You may find some work better than others and you should have those near the top of the list.

Regarding the Store version, patches can't be applied and it only gets updated when Steven issues a new release, or discovers and fixes a truly major bug. For the most part, you're better off with the Installer or Portable versions.

phred, where do I go to change the order of the providers?

Thank you so much for being patient, as I am a new user.

phred

• Global Moderator
phred, where do I go to change the order of the providers?
Preferences > Tags (2) > auto-tagging > lyrics. Click the three dots at the right side of the field > check the lyrics providers you want to use and then use the UP/DOWN arrows to reorder. I have Bing and Genius in the one and two spots as they seem to return the best lyrics for what I'm usually looking for. I have a total of 11 providers enabled.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

schristopher

[quote Preferences > Tags (2) > auto-tagging > lyrics. Click the three dots at the right side of the field > check the lyrics providers you want to use and then use the UP/DOWN arrows to reorder. I have Bing and Genius in the one and two spots as they seem to return the best lyrics for what I'm usually looking for. I have a total of 11 providers enabled.
[/quote]

How do I add more providers?  I only have space for 4, and I don't see a way to add more.

Thanks!!!

phred

• Global Moderator
How do I add more providers?  I only have space for 4, and I don't see a way to add more.
Click the three dots to the right of the field. Put a check next to the providers you want to use. Use the up/down arrows to change the order.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

schristopher

Click the three dots to the right of the field. Put a check next to the providers you want to use. Use the up/down arrows to change the order.
[/quote]

But that's just it.  I ONLY have 4 providers, there are no more options.  In an earlier answer you said you have like 11 providers.  How do I add more than what I have?

Thanks!!!