Author Topic: Correct way to save all settings, stats etc? Transfer to another PC?  (Read 1162 times)

gizmo1990

I've finally got MusicBee setup with my collection and am really enjoying using it. I also have a copy of my music collection on a second PC which I'd like to setup musicbee on too.

Looking through the settings, I'm not seeing a method which will allow me to transfer the stats which Musicbee creates? I'd like to be able to transfer these across initially.

On that note, I'd like to make sure that when I do my normal backups that I also backup MusicBee and its settings too. It may seem like a small thing but it's quite fascinating to go through the stats sometimes and I'd hate to lose them! Is there a standard way in which MusicBee does this?

Another quick question I've not been able to answer, is there a way to lock MusicBee's interface? So that it can't be alter, such as moving panels and changing their sizes accidentally? I've saved the layout but a lock function would be great.

Any advice much appreciated.

gizmo1990

Hold everything! I've found the restore function. I think that will do exactly what I want. :) I think I may also be able to sync too but the wiki doesn't mention if this also includes stats?

If anyone knows if the interface can be locked though, it would be good to know.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think that snapshot will take care of most of it for you. There's also the backup library function. This page still pre-dates the snapshot, but it might have helpful info too: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)